Return to the stone hide duck shooting wildfowling Lough Neagh

Big Al

Perfect session for you & the 'boys' I'd say. You're getting quite professional with the filming as well...beginning , middle & end with decent music. Ted & Bear will have dreamt  about the morning when they got in front of the fire back home. You shot quite well into the bargain. Wheels are bound to come off soon.

Thanks for posting.

21 minutes ago, pbutd said:

Perfect session for you & the 'boys' I'd say. You're getting quite professional with the filming as well...beginning , middle & end with decent music. Ted & Bear will have dreamt  about the morning when they got in front of the fire back home. You shot quite well into the bargain. Wheels are bound to come off soon.

Thanks for posting.

Wheels will fall off soon!🤣🤣

I couldn't believe it when I counted the empty cartridges. Gotta be an all time record. Neither the labs nor I needed much rocking on Saturday night.

Thanks for the kind words. I've bought a proper go pro (second hand) as the microphone seems to be going on the sj4000. The sj4000 will be reserved for the waterproof case while kayak fishing!

57 minutes ago, Cranfield said:

Another good one, with some smart shooting.
I think you need to train Bear on the surf board, it will make it easier for him to do the return journey on the long distance retrieves.
You do seem to shoot a lot of drakes, is that a fact, or just an impression I have.
Thanks for posting .

I'm not sure about the drakes- that flight was 4 boys and two girls. I'll have to keep more of a record.

Thanks for the comment. 

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Another superb video Al.

That is some special place you`ve got there.

Keep them coming.

OB

Thank you. It is a special place and it'd be very easy to ruin it by over shooting it. We manage it carefully. 

I appreciate your comment as always.👍

On 27/09/2020 at 17:09, Big Al said:

I haven't been out for a fortnight- so I was really looking forward to getting back to my usual spot. It's only my second flight in the stone hide this season. Ducks were relatively few and far between but thankfully I connected more often than not. 

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that video thanks for posting. Two very good dogs you have there👍👍

13 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that video thanks for posting. Two very good dogs you have there👍👍

Many thanks Harry. My dogs are essentially wildfowling dogs and need a rope to keep them in check - not an issue after ducks but they need to be well restrained at pheasants!

With the weather outside wet and miserable it was the perfect time to catch up watching your latest video and it was ten enjoyable minutes well spent.

You can tell how your dogs enjoy wild fowling and they look completely fearless while swimming out in the rough conditions .

As far as the ratio to ducks and drakes , I would have thought at a guess I finish the season with at least three times more drakes than hens , although the other night when I got three Wigeon there were two hens and one drake :hmm:

GOOD LUCK for the rest of the season . 

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Thank you for posting. 

Your dogs are gentle and steady and reflect your attitude towards them and your sport.

Thank you for your kind words. Really appreciate that.

1 hour ago, scutt said:

you and your dogs make it look so relaxed and easy to harvest duck .

I can't imagine how much experience has gone into how you go about your wildfowling .

Thank's for sharing.

Many thanks Scutt. I've been shooting for close on 40 years. I still have pretty poor days too - I was awful this morning. 

47 minutes ago, marsh man said:

With the weather outside wet and miserable it was the perfect time to catch up watching your latest video and it was ten enjoyable minutes well spent.

You can tell how your dogs enjoy wild fowling and they look completely fearless while swimming out in the rough conditions .

As far as the ratio to ducks and drakes , I would have thought at a guess I finish the season with at least three times more drakes than hens , although the other night when I got three Wigeon there were two hens and one drake 

GOOD LUCK for the rest of the season . 

Many thanks Marsh man. Both my dogs love swimming- I had a real fright with Bear during the summer on the Atlantic coast of Donegal. The house we were staying in was a the shore and I had had him out in the kayak with me. On the way in he'd jump out and swim. We were eating lunch one day, and I noticed he had disappeared. After a frantic search, I spotted what i thought was a yellow lobster pot buoy where hadn't been one before! He was about 400 yards out in the open Atlantic having a wee swim for himself. He came in when I whistled,  and he was totally unphased but it scared the wits out of me. He was watched like a hawk after that!

4 hours ago, Big Al said:

Well, I'm out again this morning and my shooting has officially gone to hell in a handcart.  

Not only have the wheels come off, the chassis is in bits too. 

Trying very hard not to swear .....

It happens to the best!

Very impressive dog work, really good ‘fowling dogs.

Thank you.

Brilliant Big Al that Combination of RC AMMUNITION And O/u working well for you Great dog work by both dogs have to give BEAR a special mention for that big retrieve He looks very like my dog Duke Fox red lab Only better trained 😆😆Hopefully when the migrants come in the shooting will pick up 👍👍