Wad slitter

Got sent a wad slitter to try out made by aberisle on this forum, must say it worked well on the plastic steel wads and especially well on the clay & game paper cup wads, what I liked about it was the angle of the cut, it means there is a slight overlap on the cut which should stop any shot getting through to the barrel wall, he is intending to make them for all gauges , think he's looking for around £10 each ,

IMG_0677.JPG.c16cf283ecd986582156f7fd536385e0.JPGIMG_0676.JPG.a1bfd4062cfe793be99f50619de0d7b8.JPG

Hi just to let you know the sizes i am doing the wad slitters in are: 8 bore, 10/12 bore, 16/20 bore and 410.

If there is any demand for it i can also do a 4 bore.

The blades are not replaceable as they are moulded in when the cutter is made, they are also colour coded, black for 8 bore red for 10/12 bore , yellow for 16/20 bore and orange for 410.

The cost for them is £10 each posted.

I an also doing case holding trays that hold 25 cases when reloading again in 8 through to 410 they should be ready later this week.

If anyone wants to get in touch you can get me at aberisle@gmail.com

cheers...james

Guest cookoff013

Its so thecuts are at an angle. That the wad, when forced through the forcing cone, close up the slits. Being better protection. The setback happens in the chamber, and is partially protected by the hull.

On 28/09/2020 at 06:56, aberisle said:

Hi just to let you know the sizes i am doing the wad slitters in are: 8 bore, 10/12 bore, 16/20 bore and 410.

If there is any demand for it i can also do a 4 bore.

The blades are not replaceable as they are moulded in when the cutter is made, they are also colour coded, black for 8 bore red for 10/12 bore , yellow for 16/20 bore and orange for 410.

The cost for them is £10 each posted.

I an also doing case holding trays that hold 25 cases when reloading again in 8 through to 410 they should be ready later this week.

If anyone wants to get in touch you can get me at aberisle@gmail.com

cheers...james

Email sent

Guest cookoff013
6 hours ago, wigeon jim said:

Basically what I said in the first post,  Jim.

The cutter i saw was a wood version. But with 4 stanley blades. Like a windmill. To get that cut right.