ff6 remote

4 hours ago, captainhastings said:

My ff6 is off for repair and i was pondering upgrading to the remote. Any one find it a useful feature ? I guess you can adjust to flap on timer as standard and also flap when you want ? We have found some time a bird will be passing and thinking flap now flap now so its them occasions I am thinking of 

Get nick to fit one while it's there. I have one they work well. 

Or you could get one these. Connect it up press top button and it's a timer. Back in the hide you can stop it with the bottom button. Press the top button off it goes again. A1 do one but twice the price. 

Screenshot_20200928-144524.png

DC 12v 10A relay 1CH 1 channel wireless RF Remote Control Switch ON/OFF+Remote

Google search for the above.( item number:233593828541)

I have one on a flapper and it works a treat at good ranges. 

I too want my flapper to flap when 'I' want it to.

I got mine direct from UK supplier but most now seem to be from China with a longer delivery date.

12 hours ago, Good shot? said:

DC 12v 10A relay 1CH 1 channel wireless RF Remote Control Switch ON/OFF+Remote

Google search for the above.( item number:233593828541)

I have one on a flapper and it works a treat at good ranges. 

I too want my flapper to flap when 'I' want it to.

I got mine direct from UK supplier but most now seem to be from China with a longer delivery date.

These. Have done a couple of them they work OK at distance starting the flapper but not very good stopping it above 25 yds. 

IMG_20201003_090923848.jpg

I'm working on one of these at the moment. I regularly run two flappers independently with good results. Just waiting for some wireless sender and receiver units then it will be compact wire free and full control able from the hide. 

DSC_0120.JPG

4 hours ago, captainhastings said:

I have given nick the go ahead to fit one while he has it. Quite interesting to see what people are using though

I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Good bit of kit happy with mine. My new timer will run two as and when needed by remote or one on and one off. Still learning electronics though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well its back with all new arms and every thing. But got bit confused in the chit chat and no remote. It also just flaps non stop. Waiting for nick to get back to  me but I guess now would be a good time to buy a remote. I need some thing idiot proof to wire up though. 

Edited by captainhastings

31 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Turns out was me being stupid. I actually have a timer if was the other bit of cable in me bag lol. But even with that it flaps non stop. So I either need to get another off nick or ebay which either is quickest 

Plenty on the bay but not that good and not cheap now. Personally I'd have gone with the one nick fits for the price and time it takes to get it altered. . There very fast without the speed controller. His has the option of timer and speed control all in one. 

2 hours ago, mellors said:

Plenty on the bay but not that good and not cheap now. Personally I'd have gone with the one nick fits for the price and time it takes to get it altered. . There very fast without the speed controller. His has the option of timer and speed control all in one. 

Yea just trying to avoid sending it back again