York Guns closing down.

Fuddster

Never visited the place once they moved from the city itself. 
Back then I bought many a decent handgun from them, but always dealt with the older bloke, who whilst always being pretty miserable, at least wasn’t just plain unpleasant and cocky as the young lad who worked with him. 
Needless to say I was more than happy ( and not surprised ) to hear of his problems regarding dodgy dealings. 🙂

22 hours ago, Fuddster said:

Hi all,

read tonight that the owner has decided to close down and retire.

real shame as its well known and has traded in York for many years.

There is a closing down sale on going.

f.

Closing down sale, forgive me if I don't attend but the last time I came out of that shop I was shell shocked by the whole experience, I know you have only one's self to blame and you could walk away but new guns that have never been given the once over and therefore unusable and a pittance for a good trade in gun ( that was reprice more than 3 times what I got) 

1 hour ago, steve s×s said:

Closing down sale, forgive me if I don't attend but the last time I came out of that shop I was shell shocked by the whole experience, I know you have only one's self to blame and you could walk away but new guns that have never been given the once over and therefore unusable and a pittance for a good trade in gun ( that was reprice more than 3 times what I got) 

cheers Steve-my post was just to announce its closing-personally, I used to pop in as its local, have a look and feel of a gun that I desired and then shop elsewhere- My last three shotguns have been purchased at another local gun shop after a some disappointing contact with YG.

My decision to 'shop elsewhere' was partly fuelled by  a letter penned by the then YG manager threatening to block suppliers should they decide to trade with an alternative local RFD.

A copy of that letter is framed and on display in said RFD-same one who has had my trade for my last three gun purchases.

I'm not going to loose sleep over the closure but its still a loss in an ever shrinking shooting community-however the loss of YG can only be a gain for other local rfd's so good luck to them.

atb

f.

• 2 weeks later...

Only been there once about 15 years ago. They were the importers of zabala shotgun's and I went up to buy a single trigger multi choke sxs. They had a demo model in the shop priced at £400 so I said to the chap behind the counter will you take £350 he said I will ask the manager for you. He came back and said the lowest we can go is £325 I said ok I will take it.😀 Obviously misheard me.