asylum seekers

armsid

From what I read in local press she put forward the idea for off shore settlement; but these have been decided against as not suitable and non runners. She also asked them to do a feasibility review on ascension island and other far flung islands but all the same.  Sorry to rain on your parade.🤓

Pushkin😎

As someone who had to go through all the legal hurdles both with the French authorities and the UK Home Office in respect of my wife I don't have any problem with these economic refugees (who do not wish to play by the rules others of us have to suffer) being housed in ferries, on Ascension Island, or in secure ex-Ministry of Defence bases until their applications are determined. Indeed seeing they like boats so much house them in pre-fabricated houses at Scapa Flow. There's enough room I'm told. Having said that Ms Patel is a vile, odious, unpleasant piece of work and I for one only wish that the immigration rules she now promotes could be restrospectively applied to her parents who...under their daughter's own regime...would not have been allowed to enter in the UK far less settle in here.

Edited by enfieldspares

Theres no danger of that happening im sure it would infringe there human rights being stuck on a island or boat LOL 

I cant see them wanting to settle in Shetland either too cold and wet for them up here , Any time i am in Aberdeen  the folk that don't even look Aberdonian look bloody miserable LOL 

With all due respect to the BBC, Channel 4 etc., for whom  all migrants are asylum seekers, I think we need a quick and simple test - such as country of origin - to determine which migrants are genuine asylum seekers and which are economic migrants pretending to seek asylum. 

1 hour ago, Westward said:

With all due respect to the BBC, Channel 4 etc., for whom  all migrants are asylum seekers, I think we need a quick and simple test - such as country of origin - to determine which migrants are genuine asylum seekers and which are economic migrants pretending to seek asylum. 

How do you easily determine country of origin? These people have no papers and will obviously lie. 

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

No papers, No asylum. Simple

That would work. I remember many years ago during one of the periods of huge migration from India/Pakistan, there were people at Heathrow handing out booklets to migrants explaining in detail how to manipulate the local councils and benefits system.

Now that everyone has a mobile phone & internet, every migrant knows how to play the system and which countries are the softest touch. They don't all want to come here because they particularly like us or our society; they know the immigration system is terrified of the risk of breaching human rights obligations and the welfare state will take care of their health issues and give them a handout.

If we start getting tough on false asylum claims, the word will soon spread around the migrant corridors and trafficking gangs.

i have no objection to taking in people who ask and deserve safety.............

i do think if the ones who cant prove or provide any truth..........should be sent back after a couple of good meals and a health check back to their home country..within 48hrs...the word will soon get around by social media and the asylum gang runners income would collapse overnight

but that desision would need cahonies to carry out

1 hour ago, vmaxphil said:

Unfortunately we get stuck with them because with no papers and the country they say they come from refusing to take them back because of no papers we under international law cannot make them stateless 

In war years foreigners with no papers are treated as spies , perhaps the idea could be adopted to peace time?

Edited by sportsbob
Clarification

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

Really? Don’t you think that’s the last thing we need? 

Quite. I'm young enough to have missed both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and even the Falklands and I'm glad about it. Not to diminish the sacrifice of those who laid down their lives in defence of our country and ideals, but their sacrifice must be a last resort. We need to keep the cost of life as high as possible. Apart from anything what's the one thing that war creates? Refugees. Should we really be wading in and creating further millions, annihilating another country's chances at creating an economy and infrastructure that would help slow the migrant crisis? We don't need to be creating any more Dabaabs Cox's Bazars and Zaataris.

Edited by chrisjpainter

37 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Quite. I'm young enough to have missed both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and even the Falklands and I'm glad about it. Not to diminish the sacrifice of those who laid down their lives in defence of our country and ideals, but their sacrifice must be a last resort. We need to keep the cost of life as high as possible. Apart from anything what's the one thing that war creates? Refugees. Should we really be wading in and creating further millions, annihilating another country's chances at creating an economy and infrastructure that would help slow the migrant crisis? We don't need to be creating any more Dabaabs Cox's Bazars and Zaataris.

I fully agree with you on that - however I think that we are in a totally new type of war and one that possibly we may have lost already - but because it is a new type of war nobody has recognized it for what it is 😞  - or was!

Edited by discobob
extension

13 minutes ago, discobob said:

I fully agree with you on that - however I think that we are in a totally new type of war and one that possibly we may have lost already - but because it is a new type of war nobody has recognized it for what it is 😞  - or was!

Hello, I think you right bob, our country is not our own any more,