223 howa varmint

hafod

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I ordered mine from my local RFD, John Forsey Guns, they were as competitively priced as any online prices, and no RFD transfer/Travel costs.

I'd pop in to your local RFD after getting an idea of a good price point, and see what they can do.

Hi

the problem I.ve got in my area is the lack of gun shops everything is outside the borough

so I can't travel technically so lets just say the police etc are policing this latest lockdown rather strictly so I'm stuffed at the moment 

1 hour ago, Mr.C said:

Forrest Guns had quite a nice Howa 1500 in 223 when I was looking a couple of weeks ago.

That's the problem with this lockdown now in Wales we can't travel out of our respective borough's now to look at anything

the powers that be are policing it pretty hard at the moment not many rfds in Caerphilly county unfortunately 😤😤😤

On 02/10/2020 at 17:47, Mr.C said:

Out of your county? Didn't realise it was that draconian. In fact I had no idea you were restricted. You're going to have many hours of research. 

Yeah most of South East and West Wales have been  in local lockdown now for the past 2 or 3 weeks

Anyway I think I've got what I wanted i.m waiting for a call Monday morning to confirm 

Edited by hafod

Well ive pulled the trigger so to speak and ordered my howa 223 varmint rifle yesterday

should have it now tomorrow can anyone tell me what the thread pitch on the muzzle is because I can't seem to find a definite answer

I.ve read 5/8 × 24 and I've also read it isn't so a bit confused tbh 

• 1 month later...