Just the thing for a rainy Saturday afternoon.

JDog

8 hours ago, Walker570 said:

The joy of this exchange is that I KNOW you will all hopefully be as old as me one day AND hopefully enjoying life just as much.:good:

And I hope you are correct, but we will not have to own up to some of the things that you have admitted to enjoying!:w00t:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Memory lane stuff this.i started with american music when the best we had was tommy steel or lonnie donnigan. I had an echo tape tecorder with mic. And used to tape the american top 10 on radio Luxembourg sunday nights reception was **** but all we had.

On 03/10/2020 at 19:04, ditchman said:

the last band i saw live was freddie and the dreamers at ipswich gaumont............

how sad is that then

First band i saw was motorhead at Ipswich Gaumont!    Brilliant!!!!!😉 Had many a good nihjt there. . . I have a rare bootleg recording of Led Zep playing "Suffolks Greatest Gig" at St Matthews Baths Ipswich in 1971. They boarded over the swimming pool. One of the first times they played stairway to heaven live.    NB

On 04/10/2020 at 14:54, Eyefor said:

Interesting rendition of Stairway to Heaven with Jason Bonham (John's son) on the drums.....

I'm a bit of a Led Zep purist so it was a difficult listen/watch at first, especially because the composition rushed through and omitted some of the transitions and fills - like when you hear someone sing a song to themselves and they don't leave enough beats between bars but rush on to the next line...

However the talent involved can't be called in to question!  A very emotional performance and, as a piece in its own right, excellent.  The orchestra and choir certainly added a new dimension.

When the crescendo of the lead guitar part kicked in I could see Jimmy Page wishing he was down there on stage to boot that guy out of the way and light the amps up!!