Flu Jab..ugh!

ditchman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say, is a mates parents went for theirs at the chemist ( As did I), to be told, they were out of stock for their age group? Also heard that there are different levels in the recipe of the vaccine, depending on age/vulnerability, from another source. I don't know the detail of this, but if it is the case, maybe its why some people get more of a reaction than others. Friend of 50yrs had one last year and was really poorly for 48 hours. Best ask the person that stabbed you for clarification!!!

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

had mine yesterday....feel carp now...and if Mike Tyson has punched me on the arm without a boxing glove on

is this normal....?

Perfectly normal for some people.

There are so many strains of flu. I  don't understand how they can inject with one strain and expect it to be a cover all. That doesn't work. 

having worked abroad many times i had a lot of vacines and boosters pumped into me over the years and they always made me feel unwell.................so not really surprised at yet another vaccine messing me up

"same **** different day"

story of my life

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

had mine yesterday....feel carp now...and if Mike Tyson has punched me on the arm without a boxing glove on

is this normal....?

Hi Simon ... My wife had her jab last week and asked if she could have it in the other arm as the one they were going to inject was playing up a bit  , she was a bit below par for a few days and is now beginning to get over it .

Don't put to much water in your tipple tonight and you will feel like a new man in the morning .

8 minutes ago, JDog said:

There are so many strains of flu. I  don't understand how they can inject with one strain and expect it to be a cover all. That doesn't work. 

Not sure about Boots but the GP practices get paid for each dose they administer. Hence the cold calling and snotty letters trying to round up punters.

After talking to a recently retired practice receptionist, the flu jab hasn't worked effectively for the last 7 years and no one working for the practice has the jab.

I've never had a flu jab and likely never will. 

I spent 28 years in the RAF so injections were a regular thing and if they weren't up to date you didn't get any leave.

The worst ones were the jabs for hay fever when introduced. It comprised two jabs a week for a total of 12 weeks in three phases and as you progressed through the phases each jab got bigger until at the end of each phase each injection was two syringe fulls. The nurse would leave the needle in your arm and change the syringe. Your arms were as hard as walls when you had completed the course, at least the injections worked and no hay fever. Now the treatment is tablets.

Vic. 

31 minutes ago, aberisle said:

I got my letter in today,going to get "stuck" on thursday

getting stuck is the operative word...............the story......

go to the surgery yesterday for 

1 diabetes blood letting check and a sample of chateau wee

2...get my tetanus booster

3 i was thinking i have to go to the "pink clinic"...(i **** you not)..at the memorial hall on sat for the flu jab

then whilst i am supine on the couch my blood flowing freely into various bottles....in walks debs with a mask...and smiles sweetly and says..."im going to do you whilst you are here instead of going to the pink clinic on sat"

WHAPP......straight in......just like some Russian spetnaz...molifying some dissidant political activist......wretched woman....she knows i dont like needles

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Perfectly normal for some people.

Its normally a mix of the 5 most common that year. Quite how they know what will be the most common I don't know but there it is.