Low light polarized glasses

captainhastings

Does any one wear polarized glasses for  low light? I read some where that the yellow lenses can help with the contrast etc. As I have got older my low light vision has dropped compared to the young fella I shoot with. Once its light I am fine or once I get zoned in on some thing but in low sight he see things way before i do.

I do have a pair of cycling ones with yellow lenses and I tried them and the made sod all difference that I could notice  so maybe you need a special sort ?

37 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Does any one wear polarized glasses for  low light? I read some where that the yellow lenses can help with the contrast etc. As I have got older my low light vision has dropped compared to the young fella I shoot with. Once its light I am fine or once I get zoned in on some thing but in low sight he see things way before i do.

I do have a pair of cycling ones with yellow lenses and I tried them and the made sod all difference that I could notice  so maybe you need a special sort ?

I love polarised lenses. I had a sports vision assessment with Ed Lyons and did some further work with him on coloured lenses. I have my own personalised shade of purple for orange clays, and we did some further investigations into polarised coloured lenses. What I discovered was that for me the polarisation is way more important than the shade I am seeing through, but that a polarised lens of the right shade is even better. Further experimental work with someone else showed they had a great benefit from rotating the axis of the polarised coloured lens. We never pursued this any further because I stopped shooting competition clays and Ed is now producing fabulous designer glasses. 

It is truly personal because of the differences in both physical light receptors and the way the brain perceives light. Experiment and see if you get any advantage. I spent ages late one winter afternoon checking if I was really seeing better through my brown polarised lenses than just clear ones, but they actually gave me a massive advantage in the low light and the cloud. 

11 hours ago, ehb102 said:

Let us know how your get on. 

I have clear shooting glasses with clip on filters, but I will order my new ones with just polarised brown if possible as I love them so much. 

Why not order some clear polarised ones, that way you do not restrict any light getting to your eyes and have the benefit of polarised lenses.