Any engineers/cnc operators help me out?

fatchap

I'm after a couple of end mills 1mm and 3mm cutting dia must have a 1.5- 3.2mm shank, also plunge and slot cutting for brass, Ally and Nickel, Tried Amazon and ebay and all are made from Chinesium. Must be quality.

Can anyone recommend an online supplier? When I was "in the game" all those years back we had a supplier here in Essex called Cooks its a Tesco's now, sold nothing but quality bits.

I have trawled Amazon and ebay I can find British made Rennie end mills on ebay but not in the size I want, plenty from China that match but as we all know wouldn't last five minutes even if they did the job in the first place.

Anyone help me out here?

Edited by fatchap

Engineering/toolmaker was my game before retiring, I was tool-room manager and most of our supplies came from Cromwell tools….https://www.cromwell.co.uk/branches

I have still got most of my toolmaking gear (boxes of it) I will Have a sort through and see if I have anything that maybe of some use.

Another supplier we used was MCS...https://www.mscdirect.co.uk/cgi/insrhm

Edited by old'un

We use Walter at work, end mills & slot drills those sizes are practically disposable items because there so likely to get broken, I'll have a look in the garage but doubt I have anything that small.

Another company to look at is HB tools in Ormskirk 

Hi,

I run a couple of cnc machines and use Cutwel for most of my tooling, I had a 1mm slot drill off them a while ago for about 7 quid I think Cant remember the shank size though.  I've also used Cromwell and MSC in above posts, and rate them both.