Audi TTS

Mickeydredd

Wife has the 2.0 tts,I can't hardly get in or out,fast as anything,change the audio,rear lights get faulty contact is common.

Change oil regular and tired are £120 a corner.

Harsh ride for daily use.

apparently we may be selling it and my freelander to get one vehicle ,she thinks x trail and I think disco 4.😂

Thanks.  I'm 6ft 3 and had a 60 plate TT TDi until I traded it in recently against the other half's Q3, so used to the space issue but it is fine once you're in! lol

Just needing something to have some fun in when not needing to use the truck.  I like the M4 too but think the TTS will be cheaper to buy and run plus it is a Quattro.

Wife had one for a year, two litre (?) petrol model.  Bought from her friend at 7 years old, 62 plate.  Full service history and known owner 50k on clock so we thought great buy.    One year on just sold it following a 2k engine repair bill for a stretched cam chain at 52k.  Bloody shameful.   Google tt cam chain issues, known problem with a poorly designed tensioner.  2 class actions in the states against Audi.

but a good looking car and fun and fast!

I haven’t had a TTS but have had an 8p s3 and an 8v s3 which I believe a similar set up and engine. Found both reliable and quick but got a little boring. Recently had an M140i and that was amazing, wasn’t as nice inside but I liked that people thought it was a normal 1 series until you planted your foot and disappeared. 3.0T straight 6, RWD. Mine was running about 370bhp. Owned it from new for 3 years and was sad to see it go. 

I kinda like the idea that it just looks like a TT but has considerable more punch too.  I really enjoyed my TD1 TT, was a real fun little thing and ultra reliable too.  I'm not that keen on a rear wheel drive as I had an M Sport BMW in the past and it was pretty scary in non-dry conditions so this is putting me off the BMW option.  The M2 does look a very good direct alternative to the TTS otherwise.

Great fun and can be tuned up. Sons friends have them and other fast Audi's and golfs with same or similar engines.

If your looking at BMW M4 be careful of milage clocking and turbos going at 40 plus thousand miles, also crank hub issue.

The above put my wife off a M3, especially the milage thing, something to do with a gizmo fitted that either stops the miles being recorded or limits them to 1 in 4 half the miles actually driven etc. The computer in the car or management systems do t pick it up either, only thing BMW can tell is hours the engines ran. This can tell you nothing as a city car can have loads of hours and low miles compared to a motorway cruiser. 

With the M4 &M3 being leased and PCP a lot the above is a problem.

• 5 months later...
On 05/10/2020 at 17:38, vampire said:

Wife has the 2.0 tts,I can't hardly get in or out,fast as anything,change the audio,rear lights get faulty contact is common.

Change oil regular and tired are £120 a corner.

Harsh ride for daily use.

apparently we may be selling it and my freelander to get one vehicle ,she thinks x trail and I think disco 4.😂

XTrails do nothing but rot, especially the wheel arches, shocking really.

Edited by Pangolin