Pulsar N355 issues.

walshie

I bought one of these 2 years ago and I really enjoyed its features. I had it zeroed at 60yrds on my 22LR, then transferred it to my Hornet which I zeroed at 150 yards. Moving it backwards and forwards between guns then selecting the relevant zero had no loss of accuracy.

I had a rabbit job to do a couple of weeks back so put it on my CZ452 22LR and checked zero before I went. 

No problem there.

20200913_195713s.jpg.5683887af2eedf6b051724d6325eaba8.jpg

The place was heaving with rabbits and for the first few shots I hit every one I aimed at. Then I started to get some misses then all misses.. My mate was spotting through his thermal and said every shot was going high. Very high. It was too dangerous to continue as there were houses around I called it a night and he carried on shooting.

I wondered how it could go so far out of zero as it had held zero before, even swapping between guns., so tested it the next day, I put the target on a large piece of card so I could see how high it was shooting. 

The very first shot went right through the bull on a shoot n' see target. Hmm. :hmm:The next 4 were a little higher, but still touching the 2" target. 

I reloaded the mag and shot another 5. The whole group was about 2" higher than the first group. Another 5 shots and the group was 8" higher than the first group.

20200928_140959s.jpg.e1d3bb1c99dcb4cfb7155aa866a534c7.jpg

I checked the mounts and anything obvious and left it till next day. 1st 5 shots nearly cock-on, then climbing again with each shot. The reason I hadn't noticed is that for a handful of shots, it WAS holding zero, and I had only been shooting a handful so I hadn't noticed. Once there were numerous targets it was losing zero. The last time I had shot so many rabbits was about 2 years ago and over 3 nights I shot literally hundreds of rabbits without it once losing zero.

It's like something has worked loose inside the scope but settles down when it isn't being used for a while. Luckily Pulsars have a 3 year warranty and I've had this for about 2 1/2 years. I sent it back to be looked into and I've been told it could be 2-3 months to fix it. Great.

Edited by walshie

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem a while back. It had been brilliant never lost zero, then it started spraying shots all over the place. It was sent back and a month later it was returned and has been spot on ever since. Pulsar/ Thomas Jacks said there was nothing wrong but they say that about all scopes according to my rfd. They don't like to admit fault.

On 07/10/2020 at 13:24, walshie said:

I bought one of these 2 years ago and I really enjoyed its features. I had it zeroed at 60yrds on my 22LR, then transferred it to my Hornet which I zeroed at 150 yards. Moving it backwards and forwards between guns then selecting the relevant zero had no loss of accuracy.

I had a rabbit job to do a couple of weeks back so put it on my CZ452 22LR and checked zero before I went. 

No problem there.

20200913_195713s.jpg.5683887af2eedf6b051724d6325eaba8.jpg

The place was heaving with rabbits and for the first few shots I hit every one I aimed at. Then I started to get some misses then all misses.. My mate was spotting through his thermal and said every shot was going high. Very high. It was too dangerous to continue as there were houses around I called it a night and he carried on shooting.

I wondered how it could go so far out of zero as it had held zero before, even swapping between guns., so tested it the next day, I put the target on a large piece of card so I could see how high it was shooting. 

The very first shot went right through the bull on a shoot n' see target. Hmm. The next 4 were a little higher, but still touching the 2" target. 

I reloaded the mag and shot another 5. The whole group was about 2" higher than the first group. Another 5 shots and the group was 8" higher than the first group.

20200928_140959s.jpg.e1d3bb1c99dcb4cfb7155aa866a534c7.jpg

I checked the mounts and anything obvious and left it till next day. 1st 5 shots nearly cock-on, then climbing again with each shot. The reason I hadn't noticed is that for a handful of shots, it WAS holding zero, and I had only been shooting a handful so I hadn't noticed. Once there were numerous targets it was losing zero. The last time I had shot so many rabbits was about 2 years ago and over 3 nights I shot literally hundreds of rabbits without it once losing zero.

It's like something has worked loose inside the scope but settles down when it isn't being used for a while. Luckily Pulsars have a 3 year warranty and I've had this for about 2 1/2 years. I sent it back to be looked into and I've been told it could be 2-3 months to fix it. Great.

Hello, I would ask for a new replacement ? 

43 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I would ask for a new replacement ? 

I expect that's what they'll do. They gave me a list of what to send back including the lens wipe, case, handbook, allen key etc., which seems unlikely if they were just going to fix mine. 

We'll see. If the new or repaired on is the same, that can go back too. 

7 minutes ago, walshie said:

I expect that's what they'll do. They gave me a list of what to send back including the lens wipe, case, handbook, allen key etc., which seems unlikely if they were just going to fix mine. 

We'll see. If the new or repaired on is the same, that can go back too. 

Hello, let's hope you get sorted, since the MK 1 Yukon Photon came out all these digital night vision scopes seem more complicated, well for me anyway, I would have liked the Mk 1 to be up graded as so much easier to set up and use 

• 1 month later...

2 months since I sent it back now. Initially Thomas Jacks said they couldn't find any fault with it, like I was mad. They then sent it back to the manufacturer in Lithuania who found a fault with the camera movement module which has now been repaired. It's on its way back to them now. When they receive it, they will quarantine it for 24 hours, then test it again, then return it to me. 

Having a 2 year parts and labour warranty is great, but the 2-3 month turnaround to fix something that is apparently quite a common fault is ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

2 months since I sent it back now. Initially Thomas Jacks said they couldn't find any fault with it, like I was mad. They then sent it back to the manufacturer in Lithuania who found a fault with the camera movement module which has now been repaired. It's on its way back to them now. When they receive it, they will quarantine it for 24 hours, then test it again, then return it to me. 

Having a 2 year parts and labour warranty is great, but the 2-3 month turnaround to fix something that is apparently quite a common fault is ridiculous. 

The Pulsar stuff is very well made. My Pulsar thermal spotter needed another new eye piece and I was quoted the same sort of turn around time by TJ. I rely on it so sold it at a discount and bought another so as not to be without. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

The Pulsar stuff is very well made. My Pulsar thermal spotter needed another new eye piece and I was quoted the same sort of turn around time by TJ. I rely on it so sold it at a discount and bought another so as not to be without. 

My XQ38 has been flawless so far. Touch wood.