Tipping on shoots - Covid

HW95J

7 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Shot a beaters day otherer year (they mainly the only driven days i do on game), after not missing a day brush'n on that shoot all season. At end of day i was asked for £30.00  for the beaters that day. Most of who i new and had been brushing with all season. They just not bothered about shooting game or rather work there dogs. I always thought beaters/cock days were traditionally a thank you for the hard work we put in? Felt a bit strange. Another fella thought so to. Anyone else get asked or do this?         NB  

No , there was a time where we had a collection when the season finished  for the drivers who drove the beaters about and the standing guns on the beaters day , every one who is asked can bring there gun , if they don't shoot they can still come but they don't get paid , the keeper won't take any tips from the beaters or helpers and we try and maintain the same people year after year until old age or illness force them to call it a day , the cock days are always well attended and as far as we know they all have a good time and we do our best to make it a good day with plenty of eats and drink if they want it . 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic