Water meter location

silver pigeon69

From what little I know on these things I have never seen one with a marker post, all those are for main service valves and the hydrant, it should be a small about 4-6” cover no doubt well overgrown and without a map showing the pipe run then you might need a metal detector to find it! 

at work they built a boules court over the stop taps which was helpful.

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Do you live on a fire hydrant farm?

Feels like it! 

11 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

From what little I know on these things I have never seen one with a marker post, all those are for main service valves and the hydrant, it should be a small about 4-6” cover no doubt well overgrown and without a map showing the pipe run then you might need a metal detector to find it! 

Will the meter be in line with the service valves pipe or will it come off at 90’ to the main pipe? The meter is a commercial supply to the farm.

thanks

14 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

Do you know which sign is for the hydrant?

46 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

Should be, if you still cannot find it then you could try asking them for a copy of the map with its location on it, you never know they might give it to you! 

Thank you. This has been going on for months! The "current" supplier will come out and "find" the meter and show me where it is but only if i sign up to them for a year. I cannot sign up to the new supplier without a final reading and settling any moneys owed, if owed!