Vintage trolley

team tractor

I thought I’d offer this vintage trolley on here first as people are a bit random on Pw 😂
it’s from an old cotton mill that was a few hundred years old and unused for my life time . 
we used it lots for firewood until I realised what they’re worth .

ive seen them for sale £180 😮😮😮 which is mental . 

£75 or sensible offers before I try it on evil bay 👍

all money for my divorce 😂😂😂😂

E398AE1D-D7B9-41ED-8E00-9FB2E3D4B972.jpeg

8C5165D6-042C-48E0-8F3F-A74E7F2DFF62.jpeg

E0FF6456-BB36-4956-835B-0DA0D4EE4205.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

My late father's worsted spinning mill had dozens of them. A bit longer and slightly wider. With a small central wheel at each end so they could be pushed either or either way between machines without the need to do a "three point turn". Which would have been difficult to say the least! LOL! It's unsual IMHO that the sides are wooden slats as all those I ever saw had fibreboard sides (like a stiff think lino) for lighter weight. They used to hoist them up in the yarn warehouse up four floors through a series of twelve foot by twelve foot trapdoors then use a crooked stick to hook them in from the mid-air. Happy days then with no health and safety in the 1960s. 

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

My late father's worsted spinning mill had dozens of them. A bit longer and slightly wider. With a small central wheel at each end so they could be pushed either or either way between machines without the need to do a "three point turn". Which would have been difficult to say the least! LOL! It's unsual IMHO that the sides are wooden slats as all those I ever saw had fibreboard sides (like a stiff think lino) for lighter weight. They used to hoist them up in the yarn warehouse up four floors through a series of twelve foot by twelve foot trapdoors then use a crooked stick to hook them in from the mid-air. Happy days then with no health and safety in the 1960s. 

Sounds like the same place 

28 minutes ago, team tractor said:

Sounds like the same place 

Pingle Street, Leicester. Now everything in the picture to the left and right which was the Mill was demolished last year just. For "Waterside Housing" as it was alongside the Grand Union Canal.

PingleStreet.png

Edited by enfieldspares

2 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Has it got a coupling for a tow hitch and lights on it ? 

if you fill it full of wood i will pick it up 

I love things like that, Mrs D wont have it in the house, i thought it would be good for the washing.  

😂 I’ll fill it with firewood if you need some. I keep giving the stuff away dude