Gamo paratrooper?

strimmer_13

Bought this hunk of junk at the auction (mainly because I didn't actually see it) and was wondering your thoughts! I don't think it is a paratrooper as I'm pretty sure they had a magazine system in them and this has nothing to indicate at the rear of the cylinder of anything. Mind you it's been messed with quite a lot, the stock isn't original (or I've never seen another like it) and the barrel has been cut off. All it says is 'made in spain' and 'el gamo'. 

I dont know what I was thinking buying this, but it cost a lot less than a night out.... 

Screenshot_20201008_072555_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20201008_072132.jpg

Looks like the remains of a badly butcher Paratrooper!

Had one in the 70's - low powered, inaccurate and the magazine used to feed poorly chopping slugs in half when you closed the breech. 

Looks like the barrel has been shortened and that's certainly not the original stock. 

Hope you didnt spend more than a quid on it..

Edited by grahamch

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

Looks like the remains of a badly butcher Paratrooper!

Had one in the 70's - low powered, inaccurate and the magazine used to feed poorly chopping slugs in half when you closed the breech. 

Looks like the barrel has been shortened and that's certainly not the original stock. 

Hope you didnt spend more than a quid on it..

£25. Was hoping to resale for parts, but i bought it without seeing it... Oh well I've spent more on nights out 

1 hour ago, Gameking said:

ASI (Gamo) Paratroopers came in two types, repeater 25 shot in .177 with tube magazine or single shot which were  all in .22.

Thanks for that, it's a 22 and couldn't find any reference to a mag this morning. The stock is surprisingly well done, butchered, but not a bad effort. 

Ill have another look tonight if I'm going to chuck 20+ hours into it or flog off what I can on the bay. 

9 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

£25. Was hoping to resale for parts, but i bought it without seeing it... Oh well I've spent more on nights out 

Thanks for that, it's a 22 and couldn't find any reference to a mag this morning. The stock is surprisingly well done, butchered, but not a bad effort. 

Ill have another look tonight if I'm going to chuck 20+ hours into it or flog off what I can on the bay. 

Mine was the .177 and cost me a tenner when was 15!

I have the 177, there about 10lbs energy with good accuracy the feed system needs the gate worked on a bit (lifting ramp angle is wrong) but there a very fun garden gun, you can blitz the tube mag in no time.

Ho if you do strip it for bits I would be interested in the trigger adjuster screws....please🙂

Edited by Chaz25

5 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

If only you could see it in all its glory 😅 

I think its come off the set of madmax 

OMG *** has someone done to that?!?

i think they was going for the “Ranger” look that was a shorter barrel, folding stock version

i have three, two .177 & one .22 i recently restored my .22

i also have the repeater tubes for my .177’s that are rare, they didn’t make repeaters in .22 unfortunately 

7A5900E5-F05F-4AF7-A767-91CB07BF0861.jpeg

0AF736D6-F61E-4429-83DC-002F42883FD7.jpeg

D8D6550F-A508-4254-AFBF-96F05427CA89.jpeg

09B126F0-F300-4DE0-9677-0425731F7A84.jpeg

57E715EE-FB1A-4215-9984-328518EB6B75.jpeg

192DF0E4-1508-4F4F-A7EC-3D33B54BB83B.jpeg

Edited by Lee5159

On 09/10/2020 at 03:08, Chaz25 said:

I have the 177, there about 10lbs energy with good accuracy the feed system needs the gate worked on a bit (lifting ramp angle is wrong) but there a very fun garden gun, you can blitz the tube mag in no time.

Ho if you do strip it for bits I would be interested in the trigger adjuster screws....please🙂

Pm me what you want and I'll post it Monday. I just snapped it in half taking a screw out and dropped it. Not even joking. 

On 11/10/2020 at 00:10, Lee5159 said:

OMG *** has someone done to that?!?

i think they was going for the “Ranger” look that was a shorter barrel, folding stock version

i have three, two .177 & one .22 i recently restored my .22

i also have the repeater tubes for my .177’s that are rare, they didn’t make repeaters in .22 unfortunately 

7A5900E5-F05F-4AF7-A767-91CB07BF0861.jpeg

0AF736D6-F61E-4429-83DC-002F42883FD7.jpeg

D8D6550F-A508-4254-AFBF-96F05427CA89.jpeg

09B126F0-F300-4DE0-9677-0425731F7A84.jpeg

57E715EE-FB1A-4215-9984-328518EB6B75.jpeg

192DF0E4-1508-4F4F-A7EC-3D33B54BB83B.jpeg

The Ranger is very cool, hard to find! I have the early trooper with the long fore grip that some fool cut down to look like the model that's in your picture, trouble with that is mine is made with only one grip screw so it move's a bit under use!

9 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

I saw one for sale last year. They were asking £385 😧.  I said, “is the 3 supposed to be there on the price ticket?”😂

Mine cost me  £60 and is fairly good so yeah tad over priced 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to strimmer13 for the parts, well I say parts but I feel a bit bad about parting it out for bits, so I'm going to try and save this one, the barrel is shot so that has been removed from its block, the frame is twisted and the rear cylinder to frame block is also off line so the frame is out of line in two directions ho and the rotating nut/sear looks to be wielded so will need re-making! with all that in mind I have got the frame back in shape and I have 7 inch's of a .25 barrel I'm going to machine....

30 minutes ago, Chaz25 said:

Many thanks to strimmer13 for the parts, well I say parts but I feel a bit bad about parting it out for bits, so I'm going to try and save this one, the barrel is shot so that has been removed from its block, the frame is twisted and the rear cylinder to frame block is also off line so the frame is out of line in two directions ho and the rotating nut/sear looks to be wielded so will need re-making! with all that in mind I have got the frame back in shape and I have 7 inch's of a .25 barrel I'm going to machine....

Mate just throw it in the bin and save yourself 🤣