Air pistol for rats

noyster

Hi 

I am looking for an air pistol for controlling the odd rat in the chicken run.

looking for Crosman 2240 or CP1 as I think they are both powerful enough 

don’t mind a short drive so ideally Norfolk or Suffolk or just over border 

thanks in advance 

Both those pistols will be fine for rats within 15 yds .plenty of power .the key to pistol  shooting is accuracy it has to be spot on and free hand and open sights generally won't get you the accuracy required .

A red dot or small scope can really improve things though but always try to take a rested shot where you lean against a door jamb or something .

Cheers 

44 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Both those pistols will be fine for rats within 15 yds .plenty of power .the key to pistol  shooting is accuracy it has to be spot on and free hand and open sights generally won't get you the accuracy required .

A red dot or small scope can really improve things though but always try to take a rested shot where you lean against a door jamb or something .

Cheers 

Wernt you selling a crossman a while back, or is it not the model he's after? 

I shot 2 squirrels this morning with one of my pistols .both around 15 yds stone dead. 

.177 at 5.5 fpe .but its made into a mini carbine with a scope so accuracy was spot on .(again this is absolutely  the key element that has to be considered ) 

Sorry for the unsolicited advice in a wanted  section .but I hear all the time that pistols are no good for rats .that  thought process is possibly  correct for the open sights element  but not the power level (as long as its doing 5+ fpe )