2020 Transit Custom

biketestace

I need help please,

Finally after what seems a lifetime, iv taken delivery of my new van !

I am only 300 miles in but the drivers seat is a shocker........

To put it politely, its as comfortable as sitting on one of Ditchmans spare mole traps.

Do any of you fine people know if my seat can be altered or even a new seat that would ease my pain ?

I would like to keep the heated facility also.

Thanks for your time,

Paul

Paul I have a 14 plate 290 DCIV that I find as comfy to drive over just about anything else I have had in the last 10 years including some top end Audi A6 estates not as smooth as an autobahn cruiser but ergonomically for a lanky 6'6" absolutely top draw .

I can drive for Yorkshire to French alps over 2 days and then ski for a week no bother My only slight niggle is at a shade over 6'6" with the seat jacked up for my lanky legs i am looking down through top of the screen.

I would say the ride from the suspension is bouncy ( rear leaf springs that are setup for just short of a 3 ton ) 

last thing to look at is tyres and pressures the ride from the curent Micheilin Agilis is far better that wnhat were on when I bought it went for low 102/104 weight tyres on the 16' rims believe the big rims are very unforgiving.

have a dig round transit custom forum you might see an agriv8 on there done shade over 40k in mine and its a keeper ( as I can't afford much else at the momnent ) 

ATB Agriv8

21 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Paul I have a 14 plate 290 DCIV that I find as comfy to drive over just about anything else I have had in the last 10 years including some top end Audi A6 estates not as smooth as an autobahn cruiser but ergonomically for a lanky 6'6" absolutely top draw .

I can drive for Yorkshire to French alps over 2 days and then ski for a week no bother My only slight niggle is at a shade over 6'6" with the seat jacked up for my lanky legs i am looking down through top of the screen.

I would say the ride from the suspension is bouncy ( rear leaf springs that are setup for just short of a 3 ton ) 

last thing to look at is tyres and pressures the ride from the curent Micheilin Agilis is far better that wnhat were on when I bought it went for low 102/104 weight tyres on the 16' rims believe the big rims are very unforgiving.

have a dig round transit custom forum you might see an agriv8 on there done shade over 40k in mine and its a keeper ( as I can't afford much else at the momnent ) 

ATB Agriv8

Cheers for the advice :drinks: