Rabbiting

lekyrog

Your gonna get a hundred different opinions on 17hmr v 22lr Mine And it’s only my opinion I prefer 22lr Ist I had a 17hmr tbolt when they first came out pros 17hmr very flat shooting great also for Foxes within range Now the Cons Heavy winds out lamping blowing the bullet had all over the place You still get a crack with moderator on rifle The ammo expensive compared to 22lr and I was also getting cracked cases with the 17hmr ammo I was Using I sold it bought a CZ22lr  never changed it JUST MY EXPERIENCE 

11 minutes ago, Gerry78 said:

Your gonna get a hundred different opinions on 17hmr v 22lr Mine And it’s only my opinion I prefer 22lr Ist I had a 17hmr tbolt when they first came out pros 17hmr very flat shooting great also for Foxes within range Now the Cons Heavy winds out lamping blowing the bullet had all over the place You still get a crack with moderator on rifle The ammo expensive compared to 22lr and I was also getting cracked cases with the 17hmr ammo I was Using I sold it bought a CZ22lr  never changed it JUST MY EXPERIENCE 

Those are fair points Gerry - I too have a .22LR and can use it on a windier night. :good:

I suggest the sonic crack can be put to very good use because rabbits cannot detect the direction of the shot - more or less proven on my video above but here is an earlier video that backs up the sonic crack theory: 

Edited by Dave-G

I have shot three / four rabbits all within five to ten yards of each other with the .22 , i think it depends on conditions , how often their shot and the rabbits themselves .
I just wonder how many hmr owners shoot long distances with them , the longest shot for me was 192 yards , headshot , stone dead  , but the majority of my shots are from 60yds to 130yds ish all of which can be done with the .22 and if any further i just stalk in closer  , plus for me i still get a little buzz knowing ive managed to shoot something at 130yds and got the holdover correct when a lot of people still think the .22 is a 80yd rifle , also i love the quietness of the .22 , you can shoot all day long and nobody knows your there , ammo is a third of the price , all in all a great little calibre , love it as you can probably tell

12 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Those are fair points Gerry - I too have a .22LR and can use it on a windier night. :good:

I suggest the sonic crack can be put to very good use because rabbits cannot detect the direction of the shot - more or less proven on my video above but here is an earlier video that backs up the sonic crack theory: 

Dave-G thanks for posting that video Regarding 22lr for me for rabbits 🐇 were I shoot its perfect My mate has a 17hmr and loves it So the 2 calibres suit everyone 👍👍👍👍