What to get stuck into on TV

Dave-G

50 minutes ago, gmm243 said:

We have only got Netflix recently but have really enjoyed The Fall,its pretty dark but great viewing. 

When I get it to myself it Meat Eater and any fishing show I can find but as said relatively new to it so prob not getting the best out of it.

The Fall is excellent, compulsive viewing. I watched it when it first aired, with my daughter and have tried to tell OH how good it is, but she says it sounds too grim. 🙂

Too much on Netflix to really suggest anything that stands out. However if you have Amazon movies then I can thoroughly recommend a wonderful little film called Inbred. Watched it last night, Won't do much for Yorkshires Tourist industry. But it was gory, sick and just wrong, some of the long distance 500 yds+ shotgun kills where a tad optimistic but brushing over that minor flaw its a great switch your brain off and just watch movie.

Incidentally the opening titles says it stars Emily Booth, thankfully she took an axe to the face in the opening scene, can't stand that woman. 

Youtube  there  are thousands of hours of documentary type shows on there, anything from samurai sword making to fox shooting to fishing etc, you name it and someone will have made a video about it. There are people you can follow on a weekly basis, i follow two or three engineering posters and several fishing shows, 

15 hours ago, fern01 said:

If you like war films I have hundreds on DVD you can have

I do like war films and westerns but don't have a DVD player - thank you for the very kind offer. :good:

Loads of idea have given me plenty to go at thank you all. Getting Netflix to remember my list is quite challenging though so I'm thinking its best complete one or two series at a time.  

3 hours ago, peck said:

Youtube  there  are thousands of hours of documentary type shows on there, anything from samurai sword making to fox shooting to fishing etc, you name it and someone will have made a video about it. There are people you can follow on a weekly basis, i follow two or three engineering posters and several fishing shows, 

Youtube for me too. I spend hours on it. 

Banshee

Marco Polo

Queen of the South

White collar

Suits

The still game

The last Kingdom

Ozark

Cheasapeak shores for more American family stuff

Some DC and Marvel series are very good like the Punisher

Heartland is ok, I've watched it got a few left of the last season. If you like it try virgin river and where the heart is for frontier American stuff.

Plenty of films too,

Rampage was ok

Rumour has it was good and funny

23 minutes ago, figgy said:

Banshee

Marco Polo

Queen of the South

White collar

Suits

The still game

The last Kingdom

Ozark

Cheasapeak shores for more American family stuff

Some DC and Marvel series are very good like the Punisher

Heartland is ok, I've watched it got a few left of the last season. If you like it try virgin river and where the heart is for frontier American stuff.

Plenty of films too,

Rampage was ok

Rumour has it was good and funny

Queen of the south gets my vote.

If you want extreme violence and adult themes- Banshee & Strike Back .

Hitman