This Will Be Interesting

wymberley

The insurance renewal notice for the dog has come through. It has been reduced by 20ish%. Now, these folk operate on a lunar month to make it look as though the monthly premiums aren't too bad so they will not be inclined to reduce anything voluntarily. Paranoid? Too true. They have been informed that the dog has badly hurt a knee and a vet's referral is involved. The cruciate surgery for a closing wedge osteotomy has been done but my vet and the referred one are still busy so I have no idea of final costs. I'm beginning to wonder if the insurance accountants are speaking to the sales people. Naturally, I have to inform them if the dog has any injury. They already know this but I will tell them (again) as requested on the renewal paper just in case the sale are not talking to the money boys. I'll let them know that I'm happy to renew and appreciate the discounted premium but this obviously is subject to any changes they may wish to make to the premium regarding the information that they were already aware of. I'm expecting some squealing.

5 minutes ago, JDog said:

My insurers have proposed an increase of 60%. I called them to ask why and they said its because the dog was one year older than at the last renewal.

I am looking for another insurer.

Although not to that degree, that's what I would have expected as per the previous (this) year as the dog is now 11+. I can't help thinking that I'm being lulled into a false sense of discount.

4 hours ago, JDog said:

My insurers have proposed an increase of 60%. I called them to ask why and they said its because the dog was one year older than at the last renewal.

I am looking for another insurer.

I stopped mine with the older dog. Everytime he’s been in the vets it’s been between £120-180 and the excess is about £80. He’s only been w handful of times and they kept increasing it despite me not claiming. For the few times he went I just paid it as not worth the hassle for a few quid and the price going up (well it went up anyway). 

I just keep the money now. 

I will insure my pup for the 1st 12 months then keep the money for that as well.