Reloading

hello people I am wanting to reload 357 magnum bullets however the Lee reloading kit I’m told does not have the correct ‘bullet seating’ die can any one tell me if this is true or do I have to purchase a separate die for this operation? 🍻 I would also like to add that the ‘reseating die is the main problem as I will be casting lead bullets!

Edited by Charles Devlin
Lead cast bullets

No, whoever told you that is talking complete b@ll@cks  :)

The Lee set will do 38 special as well as 357 magnum.

3 Die set, (90510) LEE CARBIDE 3 DIE SET 38SPL / 357MAG 

https://www.henrykrank.com/reloading/lee-reloading/lee-die-sets/lee-carbide-pistol-3-die-set.html

4 Die set (has factory crimp) (90964) LEE DELUXE PISTOL 4 DIE CARBIDE SET 38SPL / 357 MAG

https://www.henrykrank.com/reloading/lee-reloading/lee-die-sets/lee-deluxe-pistol-4-die-set.html

Guest cookoff013
8 hours ago, Charles Devlin said:

hello people I am wanting to reload 357 magnum bullets however the Lee reloading kit I’m told does not have the correct ‘bullet seating’ die can any one tell me if this is true or do I have to purchase a separate die for this operation? 🍻 I would also like to add that the ‘reseating die is the main problem as I will be casting lead bullets!

hmm,

maybe research a little bit more, maybe buy a book? or go on lee website for manufacturers data on that exact product line.

10 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

Remember, 38 special dies will also reload 357mag, but 357 dies will only resize 357 cases.

That used to be the case, I have both sets of dies, but it appears Lee only sell one die for both 357 & 38 now.

Depending on what you're loading for I'd get the 4 die set.

I wonder if the original post is asking about a sizing die rather than seating?