HK rifle primers

23 hours ago, hafod said:

Has anyone tried henry kranks small rifle primers at 42 quid a 1000 I'd like to stock up if there any good 

I guess not then

Well i just got off the phone to kranks they said they are like the ppu s/r primers apparently 

Well so my next question is has anyone used ppu small rifle primers if so how did you find them how did they perform good bad or ugly .

I bought 1000  PPU large rifle primers several years ago and found them unreliable. Infact i still have some packs in draw i was so unimpressed. I cant even give the things away.😄

Im currently using S&B large primers and haven't had a single issue. Generally i stick to Remington in small pistol because they never ever fail, but sometimes you just have to get what you can.

I have used Murom primers for years and found them to be totally reliable, cheaper than all the others as well. I generally buy around 4000 at a time from HPS Target rifles ltd. I use both large and small rifle and generally purchase for other members of my club at the same time. Not as far as Pudsey from you as they are near Ross on Wye.

I have also used S and B before I found the Murom and they behaved faultlessly as well.

I have never found a supplier of PPU primers but all their factory rounds I have purchased have been spot on, never had a miss fire or a hang fire.

As Windswept has commented why not see what you can get locally, that way you can try several brands without buying by the 1000, then buy in bulk.

On 14/10/2020 at 23:11, hafod said:

I bought the last 1000 cci primers my local shop had a fortnight ago cost 49 quid and they said they didnt know if they could get anymore in the near future

so at 42 quid a 1000 was wondering if they were worth a punt really 

Buy the Murom primers from HPS for £26 a thousand. They are not far over the bridge from you and they are excellent primers. Virtually the whole of our club uses them and has done for a couple of years now..

On 14/10/2020 at 23:11, hafod said:

I bought the last 1000 cci primers my local shop had a fortnight ago cost 49 quid and they said they didnt know if they could get anymore in the near future

so at 42 quid a 1000 was wondering if they were worth a punt really 

It's a pity that we are both on lockdown, as you could have possibly bought a few 1000 between us. Even with the delivery charge, they still work out cheaper. I use Federal at the moment.

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

It's a pity that we are both on lockdown, as you could have possibly bought a few 1000 between us. Even with the delivery charge, they still work out cheaper. I use Federal at the moment.

I have had a look at murom primers they are Russian I believe I was reading a thread on uk varmiter I think it was they gave them a good name plus they were even cheaper 30 quid a 1000 i haven't phoned about those yet to see if they would send them to my local RFD at that price I'd get a couple of 1000 of them as primers are going the same here as America atm

8 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Buy the Murom primers from HPS for £26 a thousand. They are not far over the bridge from you and they are excellent primers. Virtually the whole of our club uses them and has done for a couple of years now..

Yeah i,ve read there are a good primer Would they ship to my local RFD i wonder at that price I'd get 10.000 small rifle as there is a couple of the boys i shoot with that reload for 222 and 223

and we.re all complaining atm about primers so that would make me and them a happy band of brothers so to speak lol 

Edited by hafod

13 minutes ago, hafod said:

I have had a look at murom primers they are Russian I believe I was reading a thread on uk varmiter I think it was they gave them a good name plus they were even cheaper 30 quid a 1000 i haven't phoned about those yet to see if they would send them to my local RFD at that price I'd get a couple of 1000 of them as primers are going the same here as America atm

I'd get 2-3000 large/small rifle. This lockdown is stopping me going to the 3 RFD's that I usually deal with. Depending on the postage charge, I'd be happy to get them delivered, as going to each RFD costs me around 1 gallon of fuel, plus time or course.

This lockdown ain't helping steve I bought the last 1000 cci 400 my local shop had 3 weeks ago 

Ive had A lot of feedback now about the murom primer the past couple of days so i might see if I can arrange something with my local rfd even after paying the hazmat on them they are way cheaper than the cci murom.£29 .00 a thousand compared to cci @ 49.00 a thousand no comparison really 

Edited by hafod

4 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Steve

I just called hps about primers they said they could supply what I asked for

So pm me and perhaps we can sort something out between us if you want ok