GoPro Hero 3+ Settings

Big Al

I've just had a birthday and my wife has given me a good usedGoPro Hero 3 plus as a pressie. This is a bit of an upgrade on my SJ4000 that I've used for several years now.

How many settings!!! 

Could anyone with a bit of experience with GoPro cameras give me some advice on which settings to use? Please.

Thanks. 

Inaugural outing should be this weekend. 

11 hours ago, Big Al said:

I've just had a birthday and my wife has given me a good usedGoPro Hero 3 plus as a pressie. This is a bit of an upgrade on my SJ4000 that I've used for several years now.

How many settings!!! 

Could anyone with a bit of experience with GoPro cameras give me some advice on which settings to use? Please.

Thanks. 

Inaugural outing should be this weekend. 

I just got a GoPro 5+ and had to go online and down load the manual as there is that much you can do with them

Just go with the highest resolution you can - from memory that's 1080 on a 3+

You can select different views from wide to narrow but that is just using less of the sensor so actually the narrow is just a blown up version of the middle part of the wide view - if you leave it on wide you can resize after if you want to follow the action closer when playing back

Don't leave the wi-fi on as it canes the battery very quickly - use it if you want to check something back or change settings via the app

2 hours ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Just go with the highest resolution you can - from memory that's 1080 on a 3+

You can select different views from wide to narrow but that is just using less of the sensor so actually the narrow is just a blown up version of the middle part of the wide view - if you leave it on wide you can resize after if you want to follow the action closer when playing back

Don't leave the wi-fi on as it canes the battery very quickly - use it if you want to check something back or change settings via the app

Thanks Sir! That's a great place to start!

Your videos are great Big Al. I use a hero 3 + and use the narrow setting.  I think any other setting makes every target look further than they are. Though you do need to make sure its pointing correctly .I'm sure you will do a better job than me . Keep the videos coming. 

On 14/10/2020 at 21:33, b325 said:

Your videos are great Big Al. I use a hero 3 + and use the narrow setting.  I think any other setting makes every target look further than they are. Though you do need to make sure its pointing correctly .I'm sure you will do a better job than me . Keep the videos coming. 

Cheers b325! I'll certainly miss the wee screen on the back of the SJ4000 to make sure I'm pointing the right direction!

• 2 months later...