Has Boris just blinked regarding the cut off date for Brexit negotions

Walker570

yup all down to fish..........i really dont like the european attitude of smash and grab...even in breeding areas...which they tend to ignore  whilst we adhere to the letter of the law..

i think all the breeding areas should be made into windfarms to protect them..............i bet the biodiversity of the sea bed has improved in windfarm areas..........

cant find any infomation on that subject tho'

Just now, ditchman said:

yup all down to fish..........i really dont like the european attitude of smash and grab...even in breeding areas...which they tend to ignore  whilst we adhere to the letter of the law..

i think all the breeding areas should be made into windfarms to protect them..............i bet the biodiversity of the sea bed has improved in windfarm areas..........

It has. A lad I work with was a marine biologist and raves about them for improving fish stocks etc etc etc. The fisherman hate them as they can't fish there for whatever reason. 

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

There was plenty of info and documentaries on what at first is deemed a harmful act by building in the sea bed offshore. 

The Scandinavian bridge across the sea was highlighted as it's become breeding ground for marine wildlife and a showcase of the benefits of offshore structures. At first there was outcry about its negative effects on the marine environment.

The no fishing allowed near the wind farms is good for developing a haven for fish and other marine life.

Here is a link to the first article of many I found.https://www.dw.com/en/how-do-offshore-wind-farms-affect-ocean-ecosystems/a-40969339

Edited by figgy

7 hours ago, figgy said:

There was plenty of info and documentaries on what at first is deemed a harmful act by building in the sea bed offshore. 

The Scandinavian bridge across the sea was highlighted as it's become breeding ground for marine wildlife and a showcase of the benefits of offshore structures. At first there was outcry about its negative effects on the marine environment.

The no fishing allowed near the wind farms is good for developing a haven for fish and other marine life.

Here is a link to the first article of many I found.https://www.dw.com/en/how-do-offshore-wind-farms-affect-ocean-ecosystems/a-40969339

cheers figs :good:

Its like everything with the EU, we abide by the rules and most of the others do as they please, bit like the ban on British farmers using rape seed dressing to stop flea beetle damage, yet the French can now carry on using it, France’s draft law invokes an exemption in EU regulations allowing a member state to authorise “limited use” of a banned product, ten other EU member states have also used the exemption. 

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Its like everything with the EU, we abide by the rules and most of the others do as they please, bit like the ban on British farmers using rape seed dressing to stop flea beetle damage, yet the French can now carry on using it, France’s draft law invokes an exemption in EU regulations allowing a member state to authorise “limited use” of a banned product, ten other EU member states have also used the exemption. 

We always seem to be more draconian in this country. I worked in Munich for 6 months commuting weekly (that was a killer). I could have a cigarette (when I smoked) a minute before boarding the plane, in the departure lounge. This was after the ban on smoking EU wide (apparently). They had cubicle rooms there you could go in. I could also smoke in the bars that I went to - they just had to display a sign saying that smoking was allowed on premises. Compare to this country that actually forced people out of pubs to drinking at home - smoking their head off around kids possibly - as well as getting cheap beer from the supermarkets and consuming much more than if they had been at the pub. Meanwhile pubs have been going out of business at a fair rate since those rules were introduced and adhered to like they were a new religion.

I do wonder if the rise in Mental health issues in blokes that has been increasing recently is in part due to this - not going to the pub to have a pint, game of pool and blow off a bit of steam with the lads - now sat at home moping!!

1 minute ago, discobob said:

We always seem to be more draconian in this country. I worked in Munich for 6 months commuting weekly (that was a killer). I could have a cigarette (when I smoked) a minute before boarding the plane, in the departure lounge. This was after the ban on smoking EU wide (apparently). They had cubicle rooms there you could go in. I could also smoke in the bars that I went to - they just had to display a sign saying that smoking was allowed on premises. Compare to this country that actually forced people out of pubs to drinking at home - smoking their head off around kids possibly - as well as getting cheap beer from the supermarkets and consuming much more than if they had been at the pub. Meanwhile pubs have been going out of business at a fair rate since those rules were introduced and adhered to like they were a new religion.

I do wonder if the rise in Mental health issues in blokes that has been increasing recently is in part due to this - not going to the pub to have a pint, game of pool and blow off a bit of steam with the lads - now sat at home moping!!

What about all the non smokers who could go and enjoy a pint without the awful smell of your inconsiderate smoking?

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

What about all the non smokers who could go and enjoy a pint without the awful smell of your inconsiderate smoking?

Personally I stopped going to the pub as often because I got sick of stinking of stale Tabaco when I got home.

I started to go again after the ban mainly for small live music events until this was stopped by the leiboor government with their "licencing laws", driven through by Scottish  leiboor mps whose constituents were not effected due to different laws north of border.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Dave, please read above - ex-smoker now :) - but what I was getting at was that things could be worked round as what was done in Germany - I do agree especially in eating places - it has been nothing but good - but there is (was nowadays) a way to have your cake and eat it - many pubs that I used to frequent in my younger days had a bar and a lounge - in fact one off his own back didn't allow smoking in the lounge I seem to remember.

I was just using that example to show how UK implements EU rules and how other EU countries do

2 minutes ago, discobob said:

Dave, please read above - ex-smoker now  - but what I was getting at was that things could be worked round as what was done in Germany - I do agree especially in eating places - it has been nothing but good - but there is (was nowadays) a way to have your cake and eat it - many pubs that I used to frequent in my younger days had a bar and a lounge - in fact one off his own back didn't allow smoking in the lounge I seem to remember.

I was just using that example to show how UK implements EU rules and how other EU countries do

Fair enough!

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

I think they should have allowed each pub/bar to decide if they wanted to ban smoking on their premises, let demand decide and give people a choice.

A family member runs a pub near Chesterfield. They were warned about a potential smoking ban, but they were advised it would depend on air quality. They spent a few grand on a top notch filtration system and tests proved their air was extremely clean.

In comes the ban. The same inspector comes back to re-test without the filtration system running and the air was worse than with smokers inside, but with the filter running. Now you get to walk through the cloud of smoke outside the door, especially with the new restrictions on one way traffic etc.

I wrote this on June 18 this year. And I stand by it:

If it's likely that the city financier friends of Jacob Rees-Mogg will have to decide if keeping financial access means that fishing rights will be "thrown under the bus" then fishing right, indeed, will be "thrown under the bus". And Michael Gove will tell us all that it was for the "better big picture and benefits the UK as a whole".

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Lack of pub culture has probably had a massive effect on the young too. In days gone by it was the guidance of the older generations that "taught" the next in line how to behave. No guidance these days and seems like nobody knows right from wrong. I don't think it's a good thing at all.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

they should stay at home and knit cardigans :lol:

2 hours ago, old'un said:

I think they should have allowed each pub/bar to decide if they wanted to ban smoking on their premises, let demand decide and give people a choice.

this would have been a much more sensible way of doing things.:good:. we might have seen smoking pubs , and, none smoking pubs , either way , people would have had a choice.

its all pie in the sky now anyway . smoking cigarettes is vanishing as fast as pubs.