Has Boris just blinked regarding the cut off date for Brexit negotions

Walker570

2 hours ago, old'un said:

I think they should have allowed each pub/bar to decide if they wanted to ban smoking on their premises, let demand decide and give people a choice.

I'd not mention that to the family of the late Roy Castle. My maternal grandmother ran a public house for near thirty years to. And although she died at eighty-nine her lungs were shot to hell. The problem is that those that don't smoke didn't get the choice as to whether they also got to breathe the smoke of others. And for the smokers there is a choice and that choice is if you want to smoke then go outside and do it.

Edited by enfieldspares

13 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I'd not mention that to the family of the late Roy Castle. My maternal grandmother ran a public house for near thirty years to. And although she died at eighty-nine her lungs were shot to hell. The problem is that those that don't smoke didn't get the choice as to whether they also got to breathe the smoke of others. And for the smokers there is a choice and that choice is if you want to smoke then go outside and do it.

Oh I do agree with you - smoking used to be suggested by doctors for certain conditions - imagine that nowadays. Cigarettes' used to be issued to sailors as part of their daily rations - and filterless as well!! However years ago it was the social norm but as we now know that was wrong.

Plenty of people also ended up with pulmonary issues through their jobs as well due to a lack of understanding and an acceptance attitude of it goes with the job. luckily those days have passed though in this country.

13 hours ago, mel b3 said:

they should stay at home and knit cardigans :lol:

this would have been a much more sensible way of doing things.:good:. we might have seen smoking pubs , and, none smoking pubs , either way , people would have had a choice.

its all pie in the sky now anyway . smoking cigarettes is vanishing as fast as pubs.

being replaced by Vaping! Go figure. I actually knew a bloke who started vaping because his friends smoked/vaped and when the smoking ban was brought in he was going outside with his mates when they did and ended up starting!! Silly guy.

13 minutes ago, discobob said:

being replaced by Vaping! Go figure. I actually knew a bloke who started vaping because his friends smoked/vaped and when the smoking ban was brought in he was going outside with his mates when they did and ended up starting!! Silly guy.

Gordon Bennett!

16 hours ago, 39TDS said:

Lack of pub culture has probably had a massive effect on the young too. In days gone by it was the guidance of the older generations that "taught" the next in line how to behave. No guidance these days and seems like nobody knows right from wrong. I don't think it's a good thing at all.

Nobody ever taught me how to behave down a pub 😬... historically weren’t pubs used to do dodgy back door deals? Blokes coming in with fake DVD’s and local shop lifters selling stuff on the cheap 🤣

I was taught to behave properly and have manners and respect by my parents and by my school teachers. 

The smoking ban is a bit of a shambles, Pubs should have been allowed to have a designated smoking room with a high power fan and filtration system taking the smoke out. 

Let’s see what happens with fishing rights. It is a hotly debated topic, I think selling out over the issue would be a big political hit ... but then again so would “crashing out without a deal” as they keep saying. 

Even if we don’t give the EU fishing rights, do you expect the French and others to stop fishing our waters? 

They’ll just carry on doing it anyway. 

On 15/10/2020 at 10:46, derbyduck said:

what about sea anglers boat fishing  , can they fish around them ? years ago fishing near the gas& oil rigs was  good till it was stopped .

IIRC boats of less than 10M in length are not banned in wind farm areas - but no trawling - line only.

The bass fishing off Southwold in the shallow water offshore wind farm area (pre wind farm construction) used to be magnificent but, even then, the French beam trawlers used to empty it in one pass. Fatherless frogs.

Edited by Eyefor

37 minutes ago, London Best said:

Biggest enemies we have. 
Always have been, always will be.

I agree.

The 100 years war (116 years, apparently) was far too short.

From today's news...

Both sides have indicated they want to carry on but the EU has said it is up to the UK to make the next move.

EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier said fresh "intensive" talks should aim to reach a deal around the end of October. But his UK counterpart said he was "disappointed" by the EU's approach.

Lord David Frost tweeted the EU was expecting "all future moves" for a deal to come from the UK, which he called an "unusual approach to conducting a negotiation".

Unquote

They have never had any intention of agreeing a deal because it cannot be seen by (several) others to be easy to leave?

1 hour ago, Eyefor said:

I agree.

The 100 years war (116 years, apparently) was far too short.

From today's news...

Both sides have indicated they want to carry on but the EU has said it is up to the UK to make the next move.

EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier said fresh "intensive" talks should aim to reach a deal around the end of October. But his UK counterpart said he was "disappointed" by the EU's approach.

Lord David Frost tweeted the EU was expecting "all future moves" for a deal to come from the UK, which he called an "unusual approach to conducting a negotiation".

Unquote

They have never had any intention of agreeing a deal because it cannot be seen by (several) others to be easy to leave?

🤣 ****.

You cannot leave a club then ask to use the facilities no matter what BS you have sprouting from the front. What else did any quitter expect???????

When you have a govt that cannot even organise a test track and trace system, not because it's difficult, but because you are driven by political ideology then what hope is there? Bring that same dogma, from a bygone era to the bun fight with Brussels and you end up with the same dogs dinner. We have to accept that the principle drivers behind the push to leave are chasing a deregulated, free market driven by price not value. Competition on an global stage demands lower salaries, lower standards, and a greater gap between those that work and those that make money. Get used to it.

Still time in the last chance saloon. We can always negotiate from a no deal position in years to come when we are more competitive.

Edited by oowee

11 hours ago, oowee said:

🤣 ****.

You cannot leave a club then ask to use the facilities no matter what BS you have sprouting from the front. What else did any quitter expect???????

When you have a govt that cannot even organise a test track and trace system, not because it's difficult, but because you are driven by political ideology then what hope is there? Bring that same dogma, from a bygone era to the bun fight with Brussels and you end up with the same dogs dinner. We have to accept that the principle drivers behind the push to leave are chasing a deregulated, free market driven by price not value. Competition on an global stage demands lower salaries, lower standards, and a greater gap between those that work and those that make money. Get used to it.

Still time in the last chance saloon. We can always negotiate from a no deal position in years to come when we are more competitive.

That's not what's happening, the UK is simply asking for a sensible trade deal, in the same manner any other free, sovereign nation would expect to trade, it would be in the UKs best interest and equally the peoples of Europes interest to, except the EU (I mean the unelected club not the continent) don't want that, they'd rather cut off their nose to spite their face, even if it harms the people of Europe. Well us "quilters" are more than happy with a no deal brexit, I've said from the start that's probably the best outcome as the EU (unelected club) will never act in good faith while we're a member of their rotten, corrupt gang. Good ridence I say. 

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

anyway....tell your mrs that donkeys pass alot of wind at regular intervals..........and with alot of noise...

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

sorry in the wrong section..........

10 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Simon  i think its quite appropriate  to this post 😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Red wine has a LOT to answer for!:w00t: