Wanting to change my CZ 455 American L/R 22 for a Tikka T1 X L/R 22 carbine, any advice on this with my FAC licence

It’s a while since I’ve done it, but as far as I can recall, you have to create a space first, by selling your existing firearm, informing licensing In the usual way, and informing them you require a 1 for 1, and fill in the obligatory form in the normal manner. Once your variation comes through it’s off to the shops again! 🙂

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

It’s a while since I’ve done it, but as far as I can recall, you have to create a space first, by selling your existing firearm, informing licensing In the usual way, and informing them you require a 1 for 1, and fill in the obligatory form in the normal manner. Once your variation comes through it’s off to the shops again! 🙂

this

In the circumstances you describe, I have always submitted a variation with a request that my current rifle be put on a temporary permit. This enables me to continue to use my rifle until the variation comes through and then buy the new one. Then, with the old rifle on the temp permit, it allows sufficient time to dispose of the unwanted rifle in whichever way I chose.

On 15/10/2020 at 10:20, CharlieT said:

In the circumstances you describe, I have always submitted a variation with a request that my current rifle be put on a temporary permit. This enables me to continue to use my rifle until the variation comes through and then buy the new one. Then, with the old rifle on the temp permit, it allows sufficient time to dispose of the unwanted rifle in whichever way I chose.

Never done it that way or heard of it. 

So they take the gun off your FAC, and onto the temporary licence? 
But the temporary licence is also yours? 

54 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Why not just ask for a 2nd .22LR one for day use & one for night (lamping) that’s what I did not problem at all.

Hello, that sounds interesting, I will have to see what TVP say, 

On 15/10/2020 at 23:18, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, thanks for all replies, I intended to give the CZ 455 to the farms family member but they need to apply for FAC which may take to long so may go the way Charlie T mentioned , will start the variation by online form, cheers

Hello, appreciate the advice from everyone who replied, 👍

On 17/10/2020 at 17:23, blackbird said:

Why not just ask for a 2nd .22LR one for day use & one for night (lamping) that’s what I did not problem at all.

Exactly what I done and granted without question. Now I've sold both, im also going to be going for a variation, again a 22lr and fac air. 

Btw saw the tikka t1x today, it looked lovely. Its possibly on my shopping list too, and never thought I'd change from a cz. Ever. 

As above, similar/same calibres can be acquired for different justifications. I got a second 17 HMR granted for dedicated night vision use.

I'd respectfully suggest this might be an opportune time to also request a 17HMR for longer range, then sell the CZ when your buddy gets his ticket. The variation should cost the same for both requests and you get five years to contemplate the HMR.

Edited by Dave-G