My last gun.

samboy

Hi gang.

I started clay shooting in 1981 and am now on my 17th shotgun.  Each time i've said this will be a keeper but i

see something else that's nice and want one. The one i bought on Tuesday is a Browning xs pro 30" sporter

and its nice. The money i've wasted i could of bought a Purdey. Watch this space. I've had my CZ .22 for

15 years and never wanted to change it. 

This could be me🤣  I've had a few too - though maybe not as many as 17 ( just counted its actually 18  - however I've  shot a Blaser for the last two years, which is probably the gun that I should've had long ago... It just seems to fit - balance perfectly, my game shooting has improved to such an extent, that I feel as though I cant miss. First pheasant day this weekend so hopefully the wheels don't fall off. 

I counted on our syndicate last year and 5 of the guns were mine at one time 😬

I have been exactly the same over the years, every one I purchased was “definitely a keeper”  The problem was I did just that and kept them. Realised in lockdown that I have a load of money tied up in guns that I was unable to use. I have now parted with all but 4. The new “keepers” are my Yildiz .410 (daughter) Yildiz 20g (wife) MK38+MK70 (me).

If I was brave enough to work out how much cash I have parted with over the years I suspect the remaining few hairs on my head will immediately fall out.

5 minutes ago, Taileron said:

If I was brave enough to work out how much cash I have parted with over the years I suspect the remaining few hairs on my head will immediately fall out.

I have spent a good deal on shotguns, but mostly second hand, and by keeping, I have only once 'sold' at a loss (traded in in fact).  It is true that the total 'sale value' of the contents of the cabinet will be less that I have paid, much more so if inflation is considered, but that is true of the vast majority of what we buy - other than our houses).

My main 'in profit' item (apart from my house) is my old Defender, which creeps up annually.

32 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I have been exactly the same over the years, every one I purchased was “definitely a keeper”  The problem was I did just that and kept them. Realised in lockdown that I have a load of money tied up in guns that I was unable to use. I have now parted with all but 4. The new “keepers” are my Yildiz .410 (daughter) Yildiz 20g (wife) MK38+MK70 (me).

Imagine if it had been horses that you bought 😗

ive got to the point where I’m heading for a major restructure of the gun cabinet 

Just now, vmaxphil said:

I feel that I'm a lightweight with only 9 guns in 25 years, got 4 in the cabinet and looking to reduce it to 3 at the moment 

I'm inclined to feel that although it may seem to you 'lightweight', it looks from here like good sense and self control!