Anyone keep donkeys?

walshie

'Er indoors has it in her mind to get a donkey. I know they need company, so that would mean at least 2 donkeys.

Can someone give me a ballpark figure of how often they need their hooves trimmed and a rough cost for that please?

Hopefully it will be expensive enough to put her off. 

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, walshie said:

'Er indoors has it in her mind to get a donkey. I know they need company, so that would mean at least 2 donkeys.

Can someone give me a ballpark figure of how often they need their hooves trimmed and a rough cost for that please?

Hopefully it will be expensive enough to put her off. 

Cheers.

depending upon how they behave and travel time starting at £25 + vat every 8 weeks each 

I can edit this for a small consideration if that’s not enough 

Just now, Old farrier said:

depending upon how they behave and travel time starting at £25 + vat every 8 weeks each 

I can edit this for a small consideration if that’s not enough 

:lol: That's less money but more often than I thought. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

May need there teeth doing aswell.

Inevitably 😊👍

not to mention inoculations flu jabs hay stables insurance and all the security of keeping them in 🤔

Just now, Old farrier said:

Inevitably 😊👍

not to mention inoculations flu jabs hay stables insurance and all the security of keeping them in 🤔

Forget to mention the farrier will require tea and cakes afterwards 

obviously if you’re a early call tea and bacon butties 🥪 

Evil little ******* to trim, let alone deal with on a daily basis! About as useful as a chocolate tea pot!😂 I have three on my books. Its taken years to get to the point where I can actually trim them without a fight! Its like holding onto a runaway Jack hammer! We earn every penny! 

Nigel of course, is spoilt rotten, and rightly so......tea, cakes, bacon butties...............no such luxury here in Surrey!!!!

come ...some one tell me...............now jesus has gone ..what bloody use are they eh !

its not as if you can chuck them in an oversize hamster wheel that drives a generator....................they bite....they kick....they refuse to do as they are told and make lots of awful noise...................

and most people have something like that already...why do you need to double your pain...............your wife needs tablets...i rekon she is laying awake at night thinking "how much does he love me.."..................."if he buys me a donkey i will know he still is madly inlove with me...."................."if he dosnt........then he dosnt love me anymore"

you are on a "lose...lose situation"............this is what the rest of your life is going to be like now...........spending money and chucking anti depressents down your throat.....until you push up daisies............lifes a bitch huh

any further advice please dont hesitate to ask............

4 minutes ago, turbo33 said:

Evil little ******* to trim, let alone deal with on a daily basis! About as useful as a chocolate tea pot!😂 I have three on my books. Its taken years to get to the point where I can actually trim them without a fight! Its like holding onto a runaway Jack hammer! We earn every penny! 

Nigel of course, is spoilt rotten, and rightly so......tea, cakes, bacon butties...............no such luxury here in Surrey!!!!

You need to get a grip on the client base 

it’s called appreciation for being gentle with eyor and muffin 

6 minutes ago, ditchman said:

come ...some one tell me...............now jesus has gone ..what bloody use are they eh !

its not as if you can chuck them in an oversize hamster wheel that drives a generator....................they bite....they kick....they refuse to do as they are told and make lots of awful noise...................

and most people have something like that already...why do you need to double your pain...............your wife needs tablets...i rekon she is laying awake at night thinking "how much does he love me.."..................."if he buys me a donkey i will know he still is madly inlove with me...."................."if he dosnt........then he dosnt love me anymore"

you are on a "lose...lose situation"............this is what the rest of your life is going to be like now...........spending money and chucking anti depressents down your throat.....until you push up daisies............lifes a bitch huh

You should google the donkeys at Carisbrooke castle 😂😂

19 minutes ago, ditchman said:

I reckon that's sugar coating it..

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Quite tasty if hung a for a week or so according to a contact in the middle east.

Frequently used to flavour pepperamie but you knew that and it’s the reason you don’t eat it 

has anyone mentioned lungworms yet 

Just now, blackbird said:

Expensive? Tell me about it the wife has being sponsoring the ****** that carries bricks on sky tv for years.

That’s the one that’s lived for 50 years 😂😂😂😊😊

You also get the joy of this greeting you and the neighbours. 

I remember going to the "Wernlas Collection" rare breed chicken farm in Shropshire years ago. The volume of the donkey they had there braying was awesome. It echoed all over the hillside.

3 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'd go with goats, they've got to be easier?

Good plan. Cheaper and you get milk too. 👍

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

You also get the joy of this greeting you and the neighbours. 

I remember going to the "Wernlas Collection" rare breed chicken farm in Shropshire years ago. The volume of the donkey they had there braying was awesome. It echoed all over the hillside.

Good plan. Cheaper and you get milk too. 👍

And a goat curry