Quick response BASC

WalkedUp

I emailed BASC this morning regarding pest control in Conwy whilst England based. I had two emails and two calls back from them before close of business. They must be getting hammered with enquires at the minute  but I feel that I received good service and as a part-time BASC knocker thought I should give credit where it is due. 

9 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

I emailed BASC this morning regarding pest control in Conwy whilst England based. I had two emails and two calls back from them before close of business. They must be getting hammered with enquires at the minute  but I feel that I received good service and as a part-time BASC knocker thought I should give credit where it is due. 

👍

On 15/10/2020 at 20:53, WalkedUp said:

Commendable, Well done 

On 15/10/2020 at 20:53, WalkedUp said:

Can I just ask what the advice was from BASC as I live in England and my perms are just the other side of the border in Wales. I do have a written and signed statement from one farmer saying I'm a key worker doing pest control.

Mick

Providing you have a letter from your permission saying you are carrying out pest control there is no problem.If you go on BASC coronavirus website it will give you all the advice.I can still carry out pest control on the farms I go to and also feed the pheasants as this is said to be essential work.Make sure you always carry your letters with you.

This was prior to the Firebreak. Pest control and feeding of birds etc is allowable under essential work and animal welfare respectively. They said to have letter of permission from lease owner / land owner regarding the shoot and call North Wales Police on 111 prior to going out so if stopped on the border you can quickly give them the reference number so they know it’s all pre planned and logged.