The United States Government are not happy ....

Walker570

This has been going on for some days.  Trump has said "I'm not a fan of hers," the President told reporters at a White House press briefing.  "I would say this - and she has probably has heard that - I wish a lot of luck to Harry because he's going to need it," he added.

It comes after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex effectively endorsed Mr Biden in a recent video clip for Time magazine.

Buckingham Palace (i.e. the Queens 'official' outlet) said "We would not comment".  "The Duke of Sussex is no longer a working member of the royal family and any comments he makes are made in a personal capacity."

8 hours ago, Walker570 said:

..... I have just seen a copy of the letter sent by the American Government regarding the interference of Royals in their forthcoming election. The royals being the Ginger Whinger and his layby Megan Malarkey.  Pull up Alex Belfield The Voice of Reason on youtube for the full story. 

Is that the same Ginger Whinger that payed back every single penny that the tax payer spent on Frogmore cottage  ? Just a pity the BBC failed to report it.

Edited by blackbird

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Is that the same Ginger Whinger that payed back every single penny that the tax payer spent on Frogmore cottage  ? Just a pity the BBC failed to report it.

I’m no particular fan of the royals or the bbc, but they did report it. 

30 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

still use the Duke and Duchess titale and it is a rule that our Royals do not involve themselves in any political situation both here and abroad.

Which is why I am of the opinion that HM the Queen should remove the titles now.  If they continue to show political favour/bias - even the very act of HM removing titles in response to a political action could make it look like HM was acting politically in response .......... which is very dangerous ground.  Remove the titles now and remove that risk.

It would make it very clear that they are not speaking for the Royal Family.  It is vital that the RF remain totally non political.  Certain things (like fieldsports, in which they have participated actively) - we can reasonably guess at their views.  Certain 'topical issues' like conservation (the D of E was an early big supporter of World Wildlife) and Prince Charles's organic Duchy Originals are accepted, but politics here or overseas has been 100% off limits way back into history.

45 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Which is why I am of the opinion that HM the Queen should remove the titles now.  If they continue to show political favour/bias - even the very act of HM removing titles in response to a political action could make it look like HM was acting politically in response .......... which is very dangerous ground.  Remove the titles now and remove that risk.

It would make it very clear that they are not speaking for the Royal Family.  It is vital that the RF remain totally non political.  Certain things (like fieldsports, in which they have participated actively) - we can reasonably guess at their views.  Certain 'topical issues' like conservation (the D of E was an early big supporter of World Wildlife) and Prince Charles's organic Duchy Originals are accepted, but politics here or overseas has been 100% off limits way back into history.

I think the Royal family have always been involved in politics, all be it in a subtle way. I think their obvious support of shooting and its no secret the queen supports brexit. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think the Royal family have always been involved in politics, all be it in a subtle way.

There have been several 'rumours' such as HM not liking Mrs T, or her comment to "think very carefully" about the Scottish independence referendum - but she has never suggested that we should vote for .........

When there was the hunting ban debate, it was very clear that where the RF (many of whom have hunted) sentiments would lie, but they didn't attempt to influence the vote.  What she may (or may not) have said to Blair before or afterwards in the PM's weekly audience is of course not known.

It remains my belief that Harry & Meghan have crossed the line in saying things that they should have kept firmly to themselves.  If they do insist on speaking their political thoughts, them they must be very clearly seen to be totally disconnected from the RF.  That means losing their titles.

Other members of the RF (Princess Anne's family) manage quite well without titles and as far as I know keep out of any politics.

54 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

There have been several 'rumours' such as HM not liking Mrs T, or her comment to "think very carefully" about the Scottish independence referendum - but she has never suggested that we should vote for .........

When there was the hunting ban debate, it was very clear that where the RF (many of whom have hunted) sentiments would lie, but they didn't attempt to influence the vote.  What she may (or may not) have said to Blair before or afterwards in the PM's weekly audience is of course not known.

It remains my belief that Harry & Meghan have crossed the line in saying things that they should have kept firmly to themselves.  If they do insist on speaking their political thoughts, them they must be very clearly seen to be totally disconnected from the RF.  That means losing their titles.

Other members of the RF (Princess Anne's family) manage quite well without titles and as far as I know keep out of any politics.

I see your point, good post