Kitchen Paint

Loki

Good morning All

Going through a kitchen tidy-up now need to paint the ceilings/walls.

So, would appreciate advice on the paints to consider (excluding high-end esoteric offerings please), and those to avoid?

I recall  'egg-shell' from years gone by but would prefer a satin type that is wipe-able/wash-able.

Will wash down the walls with sugarsoap before applying - other prep tips would also be greatfully received.

There was a post awhile back on paints but danged if I can find it...........

L

I have used Dulux trade diamond Matt which is a scrubbable paint mixed to a chosen colour

Covered well and seems to work as it should

i don’t think the colour match to F&B was a brilliant match though but the merchants such as brewers of kent blaxill should be able to advise

armstead Laing is also part of the Dulux brand but cheaper and they do a similar type or paint

Waterbased eggshell finish is just as durable as other paint finishes for kitchens and bathrooms, oil based even more so. 
Waterbased finishes don’t ‘yellow’ over time though, whereas oil based finishes do in interiors. 
Armstead replaced Glidden, and is a good trade paint as has been said. 

We have been decorating our house from top to bottom and I recommend Dulux, matt covers well and cleans well, primer covers and grips the gloss well and gloss doesn't drip or dry out too fast giving a great finish.

As for kitchen paint, sorry we papered, but I would have gone for Dulux again