Altberg defenders/haix

rapid rich

Even though I have Meindl I hear nothing but good things from other lads on the shoot ( guns, beaters and pickers up ) regarding Altberg boots. 
They are made in Richmond which is just down the road from us, and they do in house repairs and restorations at their unit too. They often have secondhand pairs in for sale. 

I got a pair and still have them from the factory in Richmond over 30 years ago . Had them rehealed once they came back looking like new . There like a pair of  slippers so comfy.  They get knocked about , used to do a lot if beach walking  that did not help . But they get a good wash and good polish . And good to go again . 

34 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

I got a pair and still have them from the factory in Richmond over 30 years ago . Had them rehealed once they came back looking like new . There like a pair of  slippers so comfy.  They get knocked about , used to do a lot if beach walking  that did not help . But they get a good wash and good polish . And good to go again . 

I live in Altbergs  tough and very comfortable.

I have the Alt-Berg Defenders and they are very good, comfy out of the box and as long as you keep them well greased they're totally water proof. I recently bought Haix to replace them as the Defenders are getting a bit past it and I cannot get on with them - they cripple me! Seem to have difficulty in finding new, unissued Defenders in size 8 wide for some reason...

1 minute ago, Hector Vector said:

I have the Alt-Berg Defenders and they are very good, comfy out of the box and as long as you keep them well greased they're totally water proof. I recently bought Haix to replace them as the Defenders are getting a bit past it and I cannot get on with them - they cripple me! Seem to have difficulty in finding new, unissued Defenders in size 8 wide for some reason...

The manufacturers at Richmond are more than happy to measure feet to ensure a perfect fit. Have no idea if this is practical for you, but well worth knowing. 

Just bought a new pair recently, great boots - take a little breaking in as they’re proper sturdy things, not uncomfortable though.

Have another pair I’ve worn every second day or so, for 15 years. Looking a little tired now but really just need resoled. First pair ordered directly half a size different from each other.