pay pall to usa

did i miss

55 minutes ago, did i miss said:

Hi Thanks just was not sure the goods are from a shop and include shipping and import duty on check out but was not sure I was gona get stung on exchange rate useing pay pal

I belive they charge for the change from pounds to dollars . I have had a couple of rifles from Germany  and was charged  for the pound to euro . 

26 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Their exchange rate isn’t the best, but it’s convenient. 
By the sounds of it, you’re purchasing through EBay which means that you have little choice in those matters.

You can dodge around eBay/PayPals's conversion, but it is a bit of a faff.

If you have found the item on eBay.co.uk originally, go on to eBay.com and look for and buy the same item in dollars, paying with your dollar provider of choice.

I haven't done it with the USA, but have done it with eBay.de using my holiday euro account and saved on the cost of the item. 

2 hours ago, did i miss said:

Hi all thanks for the help its not ebay  its a web site in the usa  rocky clothing  it was a pair of boots I was after

Thanks

Hiya, I've just done a 2 minute Google search for you....

Search rocky boots. com and click 'contact us' / shipping / International shipping. This might be helpful to you ?

8 hours ago, did i miss said:

Hi all and thanks again for the help

Modifiable I can't seem to find them in the UK any where 

Jkd it seems that at check out the total is what you pay with the duty and tax and shipping all in and no fees to convert from the pound to dollar useing PayPal by the look of it 

Thanks all

Yes, on EBay you do sometimes see it including all charges for customs/import duties.

That way you know your not going to have Royal Mail asking for £12 just for delivering the thing ( errr, I mean, handling and processing charge) 

Although they give you the conversion clearly listed, as said, it’s not the best exchange rate but it is convenient.

• 1 month later...