Dirt barrels

Hi all

Been waiting for new stock of Eley to arrived at local gunshop, they did so got a slab of my favorites, when I've started to use them my barrels are dirty with tiny bits of black. I assume this to be unburnt powder but can someone please let me know?

Carts have never been left outside overnight and kept warm and dry until I actually use them and since they were 'fresh in stock' I'm wondering if it's a powder problem over and above the obvious damp cart scenario

Thanks in advance for your input guys

19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

They are your favorites so obviously you shoot well with them. Do these new ones still do the job at the receiving end?  If so no problem is there?  Just run the mop through at the end of the day.

Great question, the dilemma is. . . The birds I hit are stone dead, very little pricked birds so am I missing or is an odd cart not punching its weight as I don't get dirty barrels on each outing?

3 hours ago, Mr grumpy said:

Stop dithering and crack on😃

I do take this approach a lot of the time funnily enough, however, I thought I'd ask the PW lads (fountain of knowledge) before I buy another slab as my last slab were 100%. I've had it before with ones that have been left overnight in the winter in the truck but never from a new run that have been stored correctly.

These are the carts in question if people are interested

https://www.eleyhawkltd.com/products/game-cartridges/pigeon-high-velocity

Yes shells will perform differently at differing temperatures and rifle cartridges in particular at high elevations, also the storage temp will effect them if they are used soon afterwards BUT if they kill cleanly and you are doing your part in the playtime then crack on.  Way back when, some eastern Europe or maybe abit further, cartridges appeared on the market, taling 50yrs ago and I purchased a few boxes, IF I did my bit and put the bird in the pattern then the bird fell out of the sky along with all sorts of debris rom the cartridge. 

21 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Yes shells will perform differently at differing temperatures and rifle cartridges in particular at high elevations, also the storage temp will effect them if they are used soon afterwards BUT if they kill cleanly and you are doing your part in the playtime then crack on.  Way back when, some eastern Europe or maybe abit further, cartridges appeared on the market, taling 50yrs ago and I purchased a few boxes, IF I did my bit and put the bird in the pattern then the bird fell out of the sky along with all sorts of debris rom the cartridge. 

Fair comments; cheers