One For You Rare Bird Lovers

marsh man

Saw on the local news tonight the big flock of bird watchers trying to get a sighting of the Rufous Bush Chat up on the North Norfolk coast , as much as I like my birds if I had seen it I wouldn't have had a clue what it was , top marks for the person who first spotted and reported it , if any of you clever people could put a photo link on we could then see if any member would have known what it was if they were the first one to see it :hmm:.

P S   ..... The police were involved in case any of the watchers were breaking the social distance rules , strange times indeed .

a couple of weeks ago we had a Nuthatch in the garden 2 days running, never ever seen them before

16 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Saw on the local news tonight the big flock of bird watchers trying to get a sighting of the Rufous Bush Chat up on the North Norfolk coast , as much as I like my birds if I had seen it I wouldn't have had a clue what it was , top marks for the person who first spotted and reported it , if any of you clever people could put a photo link on we could then see if any member would have known what it was if they were the first one to see it .

P S   ..... The police were involved in case any of the watchers were breaking the social distance rules , strange times indeed .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-54583461

image.jpeg.a8feb80c05c80b7b23006f3db44533b9.jpeg

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

Saw on the local news tonight the big flock of bird watchers trying to get a sighting of the Rufous Bush Chat up on the North Norfolk coast , as much as I like my birds if I had seen it I wouldn't have had a clue what it was , top marks for the person who first spotted and reported it , if any of you clever people could put a photo link on we could then see if any member would have known what it was if they were the first one to see it .

Her you go.

Rare rufous bush chat in UK for first time in 40 years - BBC News

3 minutes ago, marlin vs said:

image.jpeg.a8feb80c05c80b7b23006f3db44533b9.jpeg

Her you go.

Excellent photo and THANKS for sharing , considering one haven't been seen for many years, like I said the guy who first spotted it was certainly clued up on his birds , to me it could have been one of several different species that look very similar to the above and I believe that would be the same for most of us                  MM