New Boots

The Heron

I would like to buy some new boots but I cannot find the right ones I need some that are wide across the front of the foot and also I have a high in step I have three pairs at the moment that I have only worn once so I might have to go down the made to measure road the off the shelf boots make my feet numb because they are to tight buying sizes to big doesn't work, I wear Wellingtons mostly for their comfort. 

Any suggestions? 

30 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Boots are some of the hardest things to get right.

I have some boots like these but what a pita. Come home early morning plastered in mud, put the rifle case inside whilst taking boots off outside. Do that five nights a week and realise they are just not practical for regular use. Too hard to get on and off. 

That said I have yet to get something suitable for all use and end up swapping footwear dependent on terrain and conditions. 

8 hours ago, oowee said:

Boots are some of the hardest things to get right.

I have some boots like these but what a pita. Come home early morning plastered in mud, put the rifle case inside whilst taking boots off outside. Do that five nights a week and realise they are just not practical for regular use. Too hard to get on and off. 

That said I have yet to get something suitable for all use and end up swapping footwear dependent on terrain and conditions. 

I use full zip wellies a great deal for easy on easy off. I don’t have any wellies currently as my Le Chamaus are worn through and my Seeland had to be returned because they wore through prematurely. Good service by Sportsman’s Gun Centre. 

My Meindls are coming up for 10 years old and have been thoroughly abused with little care. The ex army lads I know despair when they see them, they may look battered but they are still in great physical condition and watertight. I need to get some Yeti gaiters to help see them through another 5 years as the rind is starting to peel from the heather on the Moor.