Fabric for lining gun case

Agriv8

Now then you clever lot.

in the process of stripping and re oiling the wood on my 725 done a few over the years over the winter months and find it very therapeutic!

but my case that the gun lives in the fabric foam is past it’s best. Not too shabby with my 1948 singer sewing machine so looking to edge some fabric and glue / fix in.

So my question what fabric to use soft yes understand that but also want it not to cover the gun with lost fibres every time I use it .

So looking for what I need to search eBay for.

regards and thanks Agriv8 

0D4E78CA-EBF3-409B-9B77-6D2B53F2E94F.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Agriv8 said:

Now then you clever lot.

in the process of stripping and re oiling the wood on my 725 done a few over the years over the winter months and find it very therapeutic!

but my case that the gun lives in the fabric foam is past it’s best. Not too shabby with my 1948 singer sewing machine so looking to edge some fabric and glue / fix in.

So my question what fabric to use soft yes understand that but also want it not to cover the gun with lost fibres every time I use it .

So looking for what I need to search eBay for.

regards and thanks Agriv8 

0D4E78CA-EBF3-409B-9B77-6D2B53F2E94F.jpeg

Green, blue or red Baize for snooker\billiards tables with maybe a 5mm foam liner as padding.

Edited by Stonepark

I would second the snooker table swag, but I've recently had my eyes opened with fabrics so try searching Ebay for stuff women want in fabric terms, then Google those results and bingo you find the bigger seller of all fabrics including modern hyper-dry, Goretex, felts etc. . . honest try from a womens point of view and you will be amased

Well ....  

edge and lid covered made a template out of 3 mm hardboard. Decided on a dark blue as might not show the grubby oil prints up so much 

a couple of hours invested so far and reasonably happy a couple of small Imperfections that I will have to see if my OCD can live with.

B67B1CD2-B8E6-4B09-A985-68197174AA19.jpeg

Lid fabric not glued in yet

27F394A6-5294-4053-85C7-098D45877798.jpeg

Edited by Agriv8
Spelling- but ok I fessed up on dyslexia thread

Interesting thread, I am in the process of knocking up some guitar cases and will follow a similar route with internals. I would be interested in photos of covered formers before being glued in. Are you gluing foam to board then stapling on back? What density of foam are you using?

Afternoon all 

decided against foam as pointed out it tends to fall apart. Sticky back felt is easy to work with. Chamfered edge on the cut boards was a lesson learn from the lid. Ran a hot glue gun round the edge on back and corners

tighchoke - this negrini is double skinned on the base so seems reasonably sturdy. But the hardboard acts as a bit of strength. 

anyway plan to use it for a while and see if works - scratching head for a way to lightly spring the lid lining to press everything in place when shut.

atb Agriv8

95593745-C11E-4A16-8FA8-A90A6AABCDFB.jpeg

Hi Tc it used to live that way round but the palm swell on the 725 sporter means it rubbed through the fabric and foam that started all this work.

Ver 2 of the case may revert back and have a idea to mold some plastic to the stock and cover that or make some shaped braces to lift the palm swell off the base.

I have also got some heavy duty felt for the high contact area.

Atb and thanks 

Agriv8