Inspiration!!

fatchap

121591967_3700634606621461_6463518355018723536_n.jpg.495ae39e421c6deba26ec2385d9ad871.jpg

Seen this on FB and quite fancy making one myself, mates a mechanic so his skip should have all the parts I need, obviously not the same air filter, but I'm sure he has one somewhere 

Question is how do you reckon he has locked off the piston? hope he hasn't welded it, no kit for ally welding or has he extended the arm through the top? I know a few petrol heads that wouldn't mind one of those as xmas prezzie from thier other half. Also the base/cog what part of engine/gearbox is it from?

Edited by fatchap

Just now, ditchman said:

drill and pin it

Had that idea myself, but then thought that pin that runs through, will be bloody hard, doubt you will get a drill through it especially as its round the drill bit would walk everywhere.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

JB Weld would do that no problem.   That is a very interesting lamp but my wife wold go mad dusting it😀

Brilliant isn't it? he also had spanner door handles, a clock and barometer made out of a motorcycle chain breakfast bench stools made from crankshafts and clutch housings, tinkering to the extreme.

41 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Had that idea myself, but then thought that pin that runs through, will be bloody hard, doubt you will get a drill through it especially as its round the drill bit would walk everywhere.

Brilliant isn't it? he also had spanner door handles, a clock and barometer made out of a motorcycle chain breakfast bench stools made from crankshafts and clutch housings, tinkering to the extreme.

grind off the surface of the gudgeon pin and use a titanium drill,,,,,,,,,,