Pigeons and old tyres

old'un

Went out to see if any pigeons were about but had to-do a detour due to some inconsiderate person/s leaving a pile of old tyres in a very narrow lane, these people need locking up, strange thing is I spend a fair amount of time driving down the back lanes but have never caught anyone dumping, must do it in the middle of the night.

old tyres.jpg

5 minutes ago, old'un said:

Went out to see if any pigeons were about but had to-do a detour due to some inconsiderate person/s leaving a pile of old tyres in a very narrow lane, these people need locking up, strange thing is I spend a fair amount of time driving down the back lanes but have never caught anyone dumping, must do it in the middle of the night.

old tyres.jpg

Get a similar thing just down the road from me, no tyres but plenty of old carpet, white goods packaging and the general rubbish that gets dumped on any verge.

It's extremely open and in view of atleast one house and it's constant, as soon as one lots cleaned more appears.

11 hours ago, Dougy said:

They do it because there;s very little chance of being caught, and the punishment it so light its cheaper than paying for legal disposal. 

/\  This: We get a lot locally down a narrow private road that leads to a sailing club on the river.  It is one of my regular walks - and the sailing club people work hard to keep it nicely maintained, trimming the grass and cutting the brambles etc.  Despite me (and my father before me) walking down there several times a week - I have never caught anyone fly tipping.  Often builders or garden waste round us, and (thankfully) not seen tyres yet.  Also often in the ditches (of which there are plenty as it leads to a river) which causes flooding issues.

We had loads of rubbish dumped down our country lanes during the early days of the lockdown when people had the time to clear there gardens and the garage out , some of the blame must go to the recycling centres where they now charge you for just about everything to do with d i y , now it must cost them more to go and clear the fly tipping up than if they let the public dump there small amounts of d i y free of charge .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

We had loads of rubbish dumped down our country lanes during the early days of the lockdown when people had the time to clear there gardens and the garage out , some of the blame must go to the recycling centres where they now charge you for just about everything to do with d i y , now it must cost them more to go and clear the fly tipping up than if they let the public dump there small amounts of d i y free of charge .

Have to agree, years ago i wanted to dispose of 8 sheets of corrugated asbestos sheets 4 mtr long, to fit them into a trailer we had to brake them in 1/2. ( i know it was pre knowledge) took them to the tip and was turned away because we had too much. 8 sheets to much, no reasoning with the idiots. They were not dumped in a gate way, but buried under the footings of my work shop.