Agri Reg Quad Bike Insurance Help

miapia221

Hi,

Does anybody use a agri reg quad bike, on a  Q plate  for shooting, I got one for carrying all my stuff, getting to old now, having a lot of trouble trying to get it insured, I am not a farmer.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Edited by miapia221

18 minutes ago, miapia221 said:

Hi,

Does anybody use a agri reg quad bike, on a  Q plate  for shooting, I got one for carrying all my stuff, getting to old now, having a lot of trouble trying to get it insured, I am not a farmer.

Adrian Flux, I am same as you but 19 plate Honda FA6, £200 fully comp. you might have to jump through some security hoops for comprehensive cover but third party should present no problems. you need to think before you answer some of the questions

1 hour ago, itchy trigger said:

Adrian Flux, I am same as you but 19 plate Honda FA6, £200 fully comp. you might have to jump through some security hoops for comprehensive cover but third party should present no problems. you need to think before you answer some of the questions

1 hour ago, itchy trigger said:

Hi itchy trigger,

I tried them today put me through to bike sure, I know what you mean about thinking be for you say anything, but said it needed to be mot, so told her it does not need one and she did ask her boss again, but still no, what can I say.

Adrian Flux ... 

Just now, Walker570 said:

Adrian Flux ... 

I gave up on the NFU a few years ago now when they suddenly got fusy about what they would and what they wouldn't insure.  I had been with them for many years and my father before that, vehicles and house.  Now Adrian Flux for my Land Rover and Police Mutual for everything else.

On 20/10/2020 at 18:00, miapia221 said:

Hi,

Hi thanks for all your help, I am going with  Aim Risk, Andy Hearn, he was  very help full and at a good price.

17 hours ago, southeastpete said:

Interesting this just popped up, I’m about to get a Honda foreman and was wondering about insurance. More worries about it being nicked than in an accident though.

Hi southeastpete,

I rang all over for quoat, befor I new it was on a Q plate, waited 12 weeks for the DVLA to give it a plate, Andy Hearn was great at Aim Risk and a good price.

17 hours ago, Saltings said:

Q plate is the problem          if off road with farmers  permission vermin shooting       who are you going to hurt      take out some public liability ins if you have to     or BASC    

Hi Saltings,

Q plate dint help, but I was ringing round before I new it would be a q plate, funny how some people told me who there with but when I rang them did not want to know, I need some insurance to go on the road a bit to get on the farm.

2 hours ago, miapia221 said:

Hi Saltings,

Q plate dint help, but I was ringing round before I new it would be a q plate, funny how some people told me who there with but when I rang them did not want to know, I need some insurance to go on the road a bit to get on the farm.

Apparently you are only allowed 1.5 miles from your home on agri quads