Eley HP Subs

I need to buy a brick of ammo for my 22LR, Currently I'm using Eley HP Subs in the green box (40gr). They are by far the most accurate I've tried in my gun. The only thing that lets them down is the bullets are a bit waxy and leave a residue in the breech that can occasionally cause extraction problems.

My nearest RFD only has the new Eley HP Subs in the white box (38gr). Some of the articles I've read say the residue problem is better with these (good) but accuracy is worse (bad). 

Anyone got any pros or cons before I go and buy some?

33 minutes ago, walshie said:

Indeed, as I have been doing. My question was my nearest RFD doesn't have the ones I'm using at the moment so does anyone know the difference between the green box and white box?

Think you may wait a very long time for the 40gr green box as eley has discontinued them, not on their website anymore.

I've used stacks of the new white boxed 38g. I switched to these after Eley discontinued the green boxed 40g jobbies.

White boxed ones are less greasy, i'd say they are lubed in someway though. They are super accurate in both my Sako Finnfire 2 and Anschutz 1416, as were the 40g ones. Overall i'd say there was little in it accuracy wise but definitely less gunk left in the breach with the newer ones.     

25 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

I've used stacks of the new white boxed 38g. I switched to these after Eley discontinued the green boxed 40g jobbies.

White boxed ones are less greasy, i'd say they are lubed in someway though. They are super accurate in both my Sako Finnfire 2 and Anschutz 1416, as were the 40g ones. Overall i'd say there was little in it accuracy wise but definitely less gunk left in the breach with the newer ones.     

Great. That's what I needed to know. Thanks. 

I was disappointed last time I got Eley subs and found they were 38gr,  especially when quite a few of the fist batch went off with a right crack.

Seems to have settled on the last box though but it's in my head now and I find myself listening for the 'crack' as I fire a shot.