Display box/board

Farmboy91

FB91

You will need depth within the frame to allow 12 gauge shells to be displayed. You will have to decide how to mount them. You can glue them in but that will spoil them.

Β 

The best way is to have a deep frame made with lengths of narrow shelves and a glass front that you can slide in to slots from the top. That way you can hang the frame, load all of your shells in to it and then place the glass in the front.

Don't put it in the sun as the cartridges will fade.

28 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

FB91

You will need depth within the frame to allow 12 gauge shells to be displayed. You will have to decide how to mount them. You can glue them in but that will spoil them.

Β 

The best way is to have a deep frame made with lengths of narrow shelves and a glass front that you can slide in to slots from the top. That way you can hang the frame, load all of your shells in to it and then place the glass in the front.

Don't put it in the sun as the cartridges will fade.

The frames I had been looking at were 2" deep, I wasn't planning on putting any of my collectable bits in there, I was going to empty some modern loads and then glue them. It's going to be for my boy, he won't care what the cartridges are haha.

I think I'm going to use your idea with the shelves for my own ones. Need to find a locking one for that those as I done plan on unloading them.

34 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Ikea shadow boxes are pretty good

I did see some of them, cheers πŸ‘

16 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

The frames I had been looking at were 2" deep, I wasn't planning on putting any of my collectable bits in there, I was going to empty some modern loads and then glue them. It's going to be for my boy, he won't care what the cartridges are haha.

In that case can't you just use fired cases and fold the crimp back in?

I am sure many of us would send you some when we are out, or just go through the bin at a local clay shoot on a dry day.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

If you don’t want to glue them, use Mylar strips wrapped around the cartridges and secured through the back board. This is the method professional picture framers use.

Mylar is a clear flexible plastic that is used in conservation framing so it does no damage to the item.

Making box frames is easy, I have made lots of them. PM me if you need any advice.

44 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

In that case can't you just use fired cases and fold the crimp back in?

I am sure many of us would send you some when we are out, or just go through the bin at a local clay shoot on a dry day.

I've got quite a few plastics, modern and older to choose from + a whole Stella box of fired ones I keep around for DIY bits I do occasionally, I do appreciate the thought though πŸ‘

Β 

44 minutes ago, moondoggy said:

If you don’t want to glue them, use Mylar strips wrapped around the cartridges and secured through the back board. This is the method professional picture framers use.

Mylar is a clear flexible plastic that is used in conservation framing so it does no damage to the item.

Making box frames is easy, I have made lots of them. PM me if you need any advice.

Thanks for the advice and offer πŸ‘ will have to see what I can come up with.

Β 

22 minutes ago, amateur said:

My daughter has just started work with a chap in our village who makes bespoke frames for memorabilia.

Pm me if you want contact details

I'll keep that in mind too, thank you πŸ‘