Oil soldering torch

team tractor

1 hour ago, strimmer_13 said:

I Used to squirt in   wasps nests 

See them at carboots for a tenner 

Thats enough about your kinky life

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

its all brass....take it apart and clean it up ...

Which one 😂 you or listen to tc 

2 hours ago, old'un said:

That's a paraffin blow lamp for stripping paint, got one almost identical down the shed.

not worth a lot £20-£30

Dad had to explain how it worked 😂

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Nah, it's just a rubbishy old blow lamp, I'll take of your hands, save the scrap man taking it away.

Joking apart your welcome to it nev . If it’s going to a good home it’s yours 👍

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

i had a few of those , and similarly aged camping cookers , they arent worth a massive amount (£20.00 ish) , but they look fantastic when cleaned and polished.

I’d like to try it to be honest 

On 22/10/2020 at 17:27, Walker570 said:

If it where mine I would clean it up, polish it and keep it.  It's a hand me down and in another 100yrs people will be aghast at how we did things in th 20th Century, like we look back into the 17 and 1800s.

they are easy to get going...bit of leather in the plunger...which has a ball valve...and a bit of very thin wire to unblock the hole and some meths to heat it up

I used this type of blowlamp when I was an apprentice gasfitter in the 1960's. They could be a pig to get going and you may be hard pushed to find a blowlamp (this may come out as er fluffy bunnies or sommat but here goes) 'Pricker'. It was a flat piece of tin with a small bit of thin wire stuck in the end, it was used to clear the jet so that the main burner would light. There is a knack to lighting them. You have to set light to some fuel in the recess under the main jet, then as it warms up, start to pump. THAT is the time to use the pricker. Then away yer go. It was fun sticking a hot lamp back in the tool bag and getting on a bus to the next job though  !  The good old days huh  ??? 

I later joined the Police in Liverpool and dealt with more prickers than I care to count  !    😂

Edited by Westley