Will We See The Season Out ? , I Have Got My Doubts Now

marsh man

With numbers of confirmed Covid cases rising rapidly in our area , I think it is not if, but when will we go into lockdown , like the people who are already in lockdown or about to go in it , there shooting have more or less come to a standstill , apart from pest control all other forms of shooting will be put on hold , up until a week or two ago we were pretty low in Norfolk as far as confirmed cases go , now on the local news tonight we are rising more than anywhere else in the country with the confirmed cases doubling every eight days , if it carry on like that , lockdown is only a few weeks away , then goodnight to a good part of this season . what do you think ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm getting offered more days than last year.  What they are not saying is that because more people are being tested then of course more cases will show up but 99% of those develope into nothing and many would not know they had it, but of course the overpayed scienists and stataticians will just ove to extend their fancy graphs and flow charts.   I fully intend getting on and enjoying life to the full as per normal.  I recomend it. It ain't a rehearsal.

Just now, Walker570 said:

Well, I'm getting offered more days than last year.  What they are not saying is that because more people are being tested then of course more cases will show up but 99% of those develope into nothing and many would not know they had it, but of course the overpayed scienists and stataticians will just love to extend their fancy graphs and flow charts.   I fully intend getting on and enjoying life to the full as per normal.  I recomend it. It ain't a rehearsal.

From what I understand every form of shooting has been stopped in the Rep of ireland. They have went into full lockdown all over until at least December and the public are seriously peeved about it.

We can still continue in northern ireland so far but certain political parties want us to toe the republic's line so it won't surprise me if they try to restrict our "rich Tories sport"

59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Well, I'm getting offered more days than last year.  What they are not saying is that because more people are being tested then of course more cases will show up but 99% of those develope into nothing and many would not know they had it, but of course the overpayed scienists and stataticians will just ove to extend their fancy graphs and flow charts.   I fully intend getting on and enjoying life to the full as per normal.  I recomend it. It ain't a rehearsal.

Hello, did you see the money these people you mention are getting? 

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I do not understand why the numbers have gone up in certain areas of UK unless people are not adhering to the basic rules this government imposed, 

Even with people adhering to the rules the virus can still spread. People are able to go to work etc. People are able to go shopping etc. 

If they wanted to really stop the virus they would literally shut down EVERYTHING, and say we all MUST stay in our homes for 2 weeks, with basic rations being dropped off and no one is to leave their homes for any reason what so ever. 

The restrictions aren't about stopping the virus (As that now seems impossible) but about slowing it enough that we can manage to come out the other side. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Even with people adhering to the rules the virus can still spread. People are able to go to work etc. People are able to go shopping etc. 

If they wanted to really stop the virus they would literally shut down EVERYTHING, and say we all MUST stay in our homes for 2 weeks, with basic rations being dropped off and no one is to leave their homes for any reason what so ever. 

The restrictions aren't about stopping the virus (As that now seems impossible) but about slowing it enough that we can manage to come out the other side. 

This. Today for instance I’ve been to my local supplier, all of us wearing masks and using the sanitised, then for fuel, again wearing a mask and using the sanitiser, and then on to work upstairs in a vacant property when in walked the son of the lady I’m working for, and his wife, both going though all the rooms for ‘ a look’ , neither of them wearing masks or washed/sanitised hands. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. Today for instance I’ve been to my local supplier, all of us wearing masks and using the sanitised, then for fuel, again wearing a mask and using the sanitiser, and then on to work upstairs in a vacant property when in walked the son of the lady I’m working for, and his wife, both going though all the rooms for ‘ a look’ , neither of them wearing masks or washed/sanitised hands. 🙂

Hello, I had a gas engineer service the boiler, (social housing ) he came in wearing no mask so I asked, should you not wear one, he grunted I will if you want !!, I never answered, 🤔

I've just heard one of our hospitals in northern ireland (my closest one) has run out of ICU capacity due to covid cases.

Almost every case that has been close by to me has been spread via pubs reopening. One pub close to me had to close as they got a positive case...deep cleaned and reopened again, the day after it reopened they had to close again as a punter who was in on the day they reopened tested positive the next day. Taking this with how the testing system works that guy has went to get his covid test THEN went to the pub afterwards knowing full well he could have covid, people say this virus spreads via droplets etc....seems to me it spreads via human stupidity and ignorance

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I do not understand why the numbers have gone up in certain areas of UK unless people are not adhering to the basic rules this government imposed, 

In the Summer we had a huge influx of visitors came into the area , all the camps , boat yards and the b and bs were all full up and life felt like we were getting back to near normal , the infection rate went down to just the odd case with the three main hospitals having no corvid cases at all .

Now the Summer season is well and truly over with very few holiday makers in the county and yet the numbers of confirm cases are going through the roof with the hospitals filling up and deaths are reported daily ,

Why should this be ?

9 hours ago, Rob85 said:

I've just heard one of our hospitals in northern ireland (my closest one) has run out of ICU capacity due to covid cases.

Almost every case that has been close by to me has been spread via pubs reopening. One pub close to me had to close as they got a positive case...deep cleaned and reopened again, the day after it reopened they had to close again as a punter who was in on the day they reopened tested positive the next day. Taking this with how the testing system works that guy has went to get his covid test THEN went to the pub afterwards knowing full well he could have covid, people say this virus spreads via droplets etc....seems to me it spreads via human stupidity and ignorance

There is no cure for stupid.

Local woman had her kid sent home because another kid in the class tested positive. She was off work herself, so she took the kid to Butlin’s for a few days!

Only cases I'm hearing about around here is in schools. Drop onto that, that it's the season for colds and flu to start with the changing weather, it's what's been said all summer while people were enjoying the sun and fresh air. It's was waiting for autumn/winter. 

Every single one of us at work has a runny nose atm but until I get symptoms I'm not getting a test. 

Its a horrible time for many. Our son has been tested positive and we did have contact with him. My cardiac team are telling me I am not likely to survive if i get it. So just waiting at home with that axe hanging over your head. Not nice at all! The original contact was my sons partners daughter who works in a supermarket. The store has been closed!

Folk are clearly not following the guidance and i guess mostly when they have had a drink. A total ban on the sale of alchohol would help a lot together with pub closures. 

The hospitality sector is whinging to much and should accept their responsibility for causing problems

2 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Its a horrible time for many. Our son has been tested positive and we did have contact with him. My cardiac team are telling me I am not likely to survive if i get it. So just waiting at home with that axe hanging over your head. Not nice at all! The original contact was my sons partners daughter who works in a supermarket. The store has been closed!

Good luck and I hope you stay clear , in our area they said in the paper this morning that numbers catching the virus are stabilising , instead of the numbers doubling every eight days it is now two weeks , so still a lot catching it .

We seem to be keeping it at bay up in Aberdeenshire at the moment so fingers crossed it continues. 

Seems to be the South of Scotland thats being hit hard at the moment. We arr just trying to keep things going like normal as much as possible and within guidlines.

On 21/10/2020 at 21:18, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, did you see the money these people you mention are getting? 

Sssshhh,  me and Lin are getting the vouchers for getting tested . It's £50 each for the first test , and £25 for each weekly test . I'm not really sure why they have to pay people,  we'd have been happy to do it for free . I'm certainly not complaining though 😊.