Will We See The Season Out ? , I Have Got My Doubts Now

marsh man

Melb3 my wife and I are doing the same tests and samples. 

Wife has had two other universities contact her asking her partake in their covid testing and trying to get a vaccine. 

She defined as once a week with the current  is enough. Don't want it three times a week. 

Plenty of people don't care about covid and spreading.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Sssshhh,  me and Lin are getting the vouchers for getting tested . It's £50 each for the first test , and £25 for each weekly test . I'm not really sure why they have to pay people,  we'd have been happy to do it for free . I'm certainly not complaining though 😊.

Hello, will do nicely for Christmas 👍

41 minutes ago, figgy said:

Melb3 my wife and I are doing the same tests and samples. 

Wife has had two other universities contact her asking her partake in their covid testing and trying to get a vaccine. 

She defined as once a week with the current  is enough. Don't want it three times a week. 

Plenty of people don't care about covid and spreading.

id be quite happy to do it every day (even for free) , but im already pretty exposed to it because of work , so it wouldnt make too much difference to me.

18 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

But I would not take a bet on them being the first in line demanding the vaccine when it is available.:big_boss: 

thatd be the truth.

14 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, will do nicely for Christmas 👍

youre right gordon , the vouchers will come in very handy mate.

A lad a work never stops picking his nose and I’ve yet to see him wash his hands before lunch . He licks his fingers after crisps etc . My dad is almost 70 and asthmatic the same as me . We all work together but the lad just won’t listen . He’s out most nights having a curry etc .

i admit I’m dating someone so a risk I know  but I try to limit risks and I quit the gym , wash my hands lots , I just stay back from people and give a little more space . What annoys me is the amount of people that are in your face when chatting . I keep stepping back. 

15 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

We have done a risk assessment, reduced number of people who attend but are hoping to do all our days until we are told otherwise 

Its put seven of us plus good working dogs out of a shoot this year to beat on looking around for another. But I think it's the same all over really just got to take this one on the chin & hope things are better for next season & we can all return 

4 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Its put seven of us plus good working dogs out of a shoot this year to beat on looking around for another. But I think it's the same all over really just got to take this one on the chin & hope things are better for next season & we can all return 

Exactly this. We have to follow the rules. Its not ideal but next season will come round soon enough and everything should be back to how it was. A few shoots i know of are reducing numbers and rotating beating teams etc. 

Team tractor if he works for you make him wash his hands. All part of covid working guidelines, if he won't comply send him home until after the restrictions. He will soon comply. Your talking about yours and your father's wellbeing and maybe life.

Edited by figgy

16 hours ago, figgy said:

Team tractor if he works for you make him wash his hands. All part of covid working guidelines, if he won't comply send him home until after the restrictions. He will soon comply. Your talking about yours and your father's wellbeing and maybe life.

This is the answer nath . If it was one of the guys on my truck , I'd be looking to replace them until they stopped being dirty xxxxxxxx.

My work are introducing a yellow and red card system for agency staff  (and it will soon follow for permanent staff), they're repeatedly told not to congregate together ,  stop spitting on the floor etc (a particularly disgusting habit at the best of times) ,  some of them are completely ignoring instructions,  so they'll get a yellow card on the first occasion, and a red card and termination of employment on the second occasion. 

I'm not normally one for too many rules , but at the moment (and especially with the job we do) , we all have to use a bit of common sense , until everything gets back to normal. 

On 24/10/2020 at 00:20, team tractor said:

A lad a work never stops picking his nose and I’ve yet to see him wash his hands before lunch . He licks his fingers after crisps etc . My dad is almost 70 and asthmatic the same as me . We all work together but the lad just won’t listen . He’s out most nights having a curry etc .

i admit I’m dating someone so a risk I know  but I try to limit risks and I quit the gym , wash my hands lots , I just stay back from people and give a little more space . What annoys me is the amount of people that are in your face when chatting . I keep stepping back. 

Kick him out!

On 24/10/2020 at 09:01, Stephen-H said:

A very sensible post. 

The same all over Wales,big shoots ,small shoots,all on hold until the 9th Nov.Then what????? The pheasants still need to be looked after, shooting or not you can't just walk away,and it all costs money.I am sure we will come through this ,and with a little bit of luck have some shooting,beating and picking up before the end of the season. The problem in Wales is that the idiots running the assembly are far far left labour so could easily stop shooting just to prove a point,they are anti at the best of times.

6 minutes ago, greylag said:

The same all over Wales,big shoots ,small shoots,all on hold until the 9th Nov.Then what????? The pheasants still need to be looked after, shooting or not you can't just walk away,and it all costs money.I am sure we will come through this ,and with a little bit of luck have some shooting,beating and picking up before the end of the season. The problem in Wales is that the idiots running the assembly are far far left labour so could easily stop shooting just to prove a point,they are anti at the best of times.

Sorry to hear your shooting throughout Wales is on hold until the 9th of Nov , like you say , then what ? , if the numbers haven't gone to a certain level will they stick an extension on the lockdown rules ? , we are not at that stage yet , but we know it could be only a matter of time , our next shoot is this coming Friday and with changes happening on a daily basis there is no telling this will go ahead , hopefully it will but this season will be remembered as the one that never really got going for many and I fear this could go on for a while yet , lets hope I am wrong , GOOD LUCK and I hope you are soon back out with your gun .

36 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sorry to hear your shooting throughout Wales is on hold until the 9th of Nov , like you say , then what ? , if the numbers haven't gone to a certain level will they stick an extension on the lockdown rules ? , we are not at that stage yet , but we know it could be only a matter of time , our next shoot is this coming Friday and with changes happening on a daily basis there is no telling this will go ahead , hopefully it will but this season will be remembered as the one that never really got going for many and I fear this could go on for a while yet , lets hope I am wrong , GOOD LUCK and I hope you are soon back out with your gun .

Thanks for the good luck wishes.I am ever hopeful and won't let the so and SO's grind us down(can't believe I never swore)I am lucky that I have my wildfowling and you can't be more self isolating.The feeling in the Principality at the moment is they have crossed the line,and although nobody wants to see this horrible virus take over a common sense approach should be taken.  Think positive.

We are still managing to keep going here in SW Scotland. A few cancellations from travelling guns and obviously those from abroad. Our biggest threat is a travel ban and I am not ruling that out. We shall just have to see. Every day I am out is one that cannot be taken away and I just count my blessings when I am.

On 23/10/2020 at 19:45, Yellow Bear said:

But I would not take a bet on them being the first in line demanding the vaccine when it is available.:big_boss: 

Not me.  I have never had a flu jab although my Doctor continues to send regular reminders.  I do not believe I have ever had flu, just use my common sense.

We have just gone belly up.

I have a fair few days booked and trying to support those shoots who have the balls to carry on.

Edited by Walker570

4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Are you still allowed to go fowling?

I have to admit ... I was out this morning, and it was only when I got back and the wife put Andrew Marr on that I remembered about the whole pandemic thing !!

I have been advised that providing you can walk to the marsh without transport it counts as my daily exercise.I can walk to the marsh so I feel that I will give it a go.Early morning or evening.

2 hours ago, greylag said:

I have been advised that providing you can walk to the marsh without transport it counts as my daily exercise.I can walk to the marsh so I feel that I will give it a go.Early morning or evening.

Basc says no wildfowling though ?

During this lockdown period it is a reasonable excuse to continue carrying out essential bird or mammal pest control to protect crops or livestock with the landowner’s permission. It is not a reasonable excuse to take part in recreational shooting activities such as target shooting, game shooting and wildfowling.

Saying that maybe they only mean driving to?

Edited by captainhastings

3 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Basc says no wildfowling though ?

During this lockdown period it is a reasonable excuse to continue carrying out essential bird or mammal pest control to protect crops or livestock with the landowner’s permission. It is not a reasonable excuse to take part in recreational shooting activities such as target shooting, game shooting and wildfowling.

Saying that maybe they only mean driving to?

Which areas does this apply to? Wales only or England in level 3. I will continue to fowl until the reserve is closed am tired of existing and not living. Life's too short to waste our time as we are at the moment. If they want to stop the spread, close pubs, schools etc. and have a curfew between say 9pm and 6am and police it properly and use the army if needed 

2 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Which areas does this apply to? Wales only or England in level 3. I will continue to fowl until the reserve is closed am tired of existing and not living. Life's too short to waste our time as we are at the moment. If they want to stop the spread, close pubs, schools etc. and have a curfew between say 9pm and 6am and police it properly and use the army if needed 

The bit I quoted is for wales and our firebreak which is just laughable. You are bang with what you say. They opened up the main avenues of infect like pubs and schools and bang surprise it shot up. Who would have thought it. All this bubble cobblers they bang on about on the news. Do they honestly think people actually take notice of that rubbish 

Welsh ‘firebreak’ lockdown from 6pm on 23 October to 12:01am on 9 November

A two-week Welsh ‘firebreak’ lockdown is taking effect from 6pm on Friday 23 October until 12:01am on Monday 9 November.

Everyone in Wales is required to stay at home. Exceptions are for exercise, essential supplies, critical workers and where working from home is not possible.

No gatherings are permitted with people you do not live with either indoors or outdoors. The only exception to this is if you are an adult living alone or are a single parent household. If this applies, you can be in a temporary extended household with one other household. For more details on this, click here.

Certain businesses and venues, including bars, restaurants and most shops, including gun shops, must close.