Scam account "ethanjordan"

Zapp

Just a heads up that we have removed a scam account with the username ethanjordan.

If you've been contacted by this user please do not respond to any email addresses he has sent you, and if you have please cease contact and DO NOT part with any money.

17 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

What was it I saw that this guy posted? just cant quite remember. I do remember thinking what an idiot he was. Anyone remember?

Elocution lessons for Ditchie. 
Now we know that’s a scam, if he believes that he can make a diff there 🙂

I reported this user- he approached me in response to my wanted ad for a PRS stock.

This is not an unusual modus operandi; it happens on other forums. They PM you giving an email address of their good friend who is selling just what you want at a low price.

You can do your own detective work and have a bit of fun with them too. 

Pictures they send can be searched for and foto-forensics will help reveal photoshopping (in this case the metadata/exif info revealed that Photoshop CS6 was the last-used program to save the images.) I found the original images were lifted from a Reddit post and a random “what’s it worth website”.

The language/English was a little suspicious, but not as bad as many scams. 

The seller wanted PayPal as gift, to his son’s account, though the “son” had different surname.

Initially he quoted a price in $, despite “being from Yorkshire”. His dates were in US format and the info he sent about the item was cut-and-pasted from an official website description, not his own words.

Using his previous forum-posts text, I searched the internet and found he had started forum identities in various places, all around the same time, about a month ago.

I gave him a run around, asking for extra pics (these he sent but were of a gen2, not the gen3 in the original pics) and I made him write a “code” on a bit of paper in a pic with the stock. The code I gave was 1-5C4M-U (I scam u) but it didn’t look as funny as I’d hoped. The paper in the pic was photoshopped in, complete with dodgy shadow.

I also asked him to include his UK drivers licence in a later pic, which was badly photoshopped (shadow of levitation, ghosting around name, “Ss” clone-stamp error at end of “Gardens”, large area of repeated clone-stamping too-right corner) The image quality on PW may not allow you to see these features:

[url=https://postimg.cc/bs2j0yGv][img]https://i.postimg.cc/9FLFhzCy/DF7-AC9-F6-49-BB-46-CC-BB2-E-BD9-F47-EA4275.jpg[/img][/url]

Sadly he stopped playing along as my requests became more unreasonable. 

On this occasion, a high index of suspicion and some lazy mistakes by the scammer made it easy to spot and pretty low risk if I had paid. However, other similar scams have included requests to meet up in secluded locations to exchange a firearm that was being sold, raising the much more serious possibility of being ambushed and having your guns safe emptied and...

So be vigilant!

0B0E5ECD-FFF1-4679-8FE0-8EC1D65EE8B6.jpeg

Edited by Bangbangman

52 minutes ago, Bangbangman said:

I reported this user- he approached me in response to my wanted ad for a PRS stock.

This is not an unusual modus operandi; it happens on other forums. They PM you giving an email address of their good friend who is selling just what you want at a low price.

Pictures they send can be searched for and foto-forensics will help reveal photoshopping (in this case the metadata/exif info revealed that Photoshop CS6 was the last-used program to save the images.) I found the original images were lifted from a Reddit post and a random “what’s it worth website”.

The seller wanted PayPal as gift, to his son’s account, though the “son” had different surname.

Initially he quoted a price in $, despite “being from Yorkshire”. His dates were in US format and the info he sent about the item was cut-and-pasted from an official website description, not his own words.

Using his previous forum-posts text, I searched the internet and found he had started forum identities in various places, all around the same time, about a month ago.

I gave him a run around, asking for extra pics (these he sent but were of a gen2, not the gen3 in the original pics) and I made him write a “code” on a bit of paper in a pic with the stock. The code I gave was 1-5C4M-U (I scam u) but it didn’t look as funny as I’d hoped. The paper in the pic was photoshopped in, complete with dodgy shadow.

I also asked him to include his UK drivers licence in a later pic, which was badly photoshopped (shadow of levitation, ghosting around name, “Ss” clone-stamp error at end of “Gardens”, large area of repeated clone-stamping too-right corner) The image quality on PW may not allow you to see these features:

[url=https://postimg.cc/bs2j0yGv][img]https://i.postimg.cc/9FLFhzCy/DF7-AC9-F6-49-BB-46-CC-BB2-E-BD9-F47-EA4275.jpg[/img][/url]

On this occasion, a high index of suspicion and some lazy mistakes by the scammer made it easy to spot and pretty low risk if I had paid. However, other similar scams have included requests to meet up in secluded locations to exchange a firearm that was being sold, raising the much more serious possibility of being ambushed and having your guns safe emptied and...

So be vigilant!

Well done. Apart from the date in U.S format, the picture would have fooled me. 

1 hour ago, Bangbangman said:

So be vigilant!

Excellent work. No wonder so many get duped. The levitating DL is impressive.