Stupid bordering Ridiculous.

fatchap

4 hours ago, Vince Green said:

The problem is often with the receptionist. My old doctors years back had a receptionist from hell. A right witch. The power goes to their head

i suspect that this is the problem with many doctors surgeries.

I do feel that in this country they are not trying to save you, they are trying to go thru the process but kill you in the end so they don't have pay your pension.

I'll leave that ^^ here for a good pigeonwatch discussion :-)

A couple years ago I knocked my head on a steel staircase and was bleeding quite a bit. I was OK but as you'll all know, scalp cuts bleed. There was an actual nurse around and she told me to go to A&E, *but to make sure to keep that bloody towel around my head* as I walked in and look worse for wear (to be fair, things had stopped bleeding and I was actally perfectly fine by the time we got to A&E, but the nurse had insisted I go and look "bad") -- no and behold, I went thru the backlog in 5 minutes and was with a doctor in less time that I ever was.

Moral of the story, if you have any health problem, cut your clalp and look terribly bad as you walk in.

9 hours ago, buze said:

I do feel that in this country they are not trying to save you, they are trying to go thru the process but kill you in the end so they don't have pay your pension.

I'll leave that ^^ here for a good pigeonwatch discussion 🙂

A couple years ago I knocked my head on a steel staircase and was bleeding quite a bit. I was OK but as you'll all know, scalp cuts bleed. There was an actual nurse around and she told me to go to A&E, *but to make sure to keep that bloody towel around my head* as I walked in and look worse for wear (to be fair, things had stopped bleeding and I was actally perfectly fine by the time we got to A&E, but the nurse had insisted I go and look "bad") -- no and behold, I went thru the backlog in 5 minutes and was with a doctor in less time that I ever was.

Moral of the story, if you have any health problem, cut your clalp and look terribly bad as you walk in.

That reminds me of the time that I'd had a knife go straight through my leg at work , and hit an artery .  My mate bandaged me up at work , and dropped me off at A+E in a bin truck . I stood patiently at the receptionists window answering the questions , then she finally said , take a seat for a three hour wait , I asked if she had a mop for me to clean up my mess , and a bowl or something to catch the blood , for the first time , she looked at the 3 feet wide pool of blood around me , and the blood trail from the front door ,  and within thirty seconds I was on a trolly and on my way to get fixed up 😊

43 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That reminds me of the time that I'd had a knife go straight through my leg at work , and hit an artery .  My mate bandaged me up at work , and dropped me off at A+E in a bin truck . I stood patiently at the receptionists window answering the questions , then she finally said , take a seat for a three hour wait , I asked if she had a mop for me to clean up my mess , and a bowl or something to catch the blood , for the first time , she looked at the 3 feet wide pool of blood around me , and the blood trail from the front door ,  and within thirty seconds I was on a trolly and on my way to get fixed up 😊

That's mental, an artirial bleed is about as serious as it gets, your lucky you weren't dead already. 

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

That's mental, an artirial bleed is about as serious as it gets, your lucky you weren't dead already. 

It got better . A nurse gave me an injection of penicillin,  the syringe was huge and  looked to hold almost half a pint of fluid ,it hurt like hell , and within a couple of minutes I was starting to black out  , the crash team arrived because they thought that I was having a heart attack,  they got me wired up to the defibrillator in readiness , and waited by the bed , I soon started to come back to my senses and after a short while , they unplugged me and left . When the panic was over , my sister read through the instructions on the leaflet that came with the injection  ,  it said that the injection should be administered slowly and over eight minutes , or the patient might go into shock 😅.

I've had a few cack days at work over the years , but that was right up there with the worst of them 😅

Because the knife was in a bin bag , it could have been contaminated with anything,  so that meant that I had to be treated for everything . I spent a few days following the operation on several drips,  then about six months taking all sorts of medication that made me as rough as hell.  All because some fool carelessly threw a kitchen knife away.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

It got better . A nurse gave me an injection of penicillin,  the syringe was huge and  looked to hold almost half a pint of fluid ,it hurt like hell , and within a couple of minutes I was starting to black out  , the crash team arrived because they thought that I was having a heart attack,  they got me wired up to the defibrillator in readiness , and waited by the bed , I soon started to come back to my senses and after a short while , they unplugged me and left . When the panic was over , my sister read through the instructions on the leaflet that came with the injection  ,  it said that the injection should be administered slowly and over eight minutes , or the patient might go into shock 😅.

I've had a few cack days at work over the years , but that was right up there with the worst of them 😅

Because the knife was in a bin bag , it could have been contaminated with anything,  so that meant that I had to be treated for everything . I spent a few days following the operation on several drips,  then about six months taking all sorts of medication that made me as rough as hell.  All because some fool carelessly threw a kitchen knife away.

What a nightmare, I'm just glad your still here to tell the tale and even laugh about it 👍

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

What a nightmare, I'm just glad your still here to tell the tale and even laugh about it 👍

By binman standards , it wasn't too bad ,  at least I got a new pair of boots and trousers out of it , and I kept the knife 😅.

18 hours ago, sam triple said:

Diclofenic 

The best thing I have found - but they don't like giving it out now - my argument is that I use it so infrequently and only for 2 days generally when my back starts playing up. Double dose the first one to get it into the system, dose as prescribed after that - usually done in a day or so.

Without it I will end up with a twisted spine in a day or two with the muscles being in spasm!

1 hour ago, discobob said:

The best thing I have found - but they don't like giving it out now - my argument is that I use it so infrequently and only for 2 days generally when my back starts playing up. Double dose the first one to get it into the system, dose as prescribed after that - usually done in a day or so.

Without it I will end up with a twisted spine in a day or two with the muscles being in spasm!

No they don’t but I argued the case that the last anti inflammatories they gave me didn’t work , would give me Diclofenic only with another load of pills to stop possible stomach bleeds 

3 hours ago, sam triple said:

No they don’t but I argued the case that the last anti inflammatories they gave me didn’t work , would give me Diclofenic only with another load of pills to stop possible stomach bleeds 

Yes I had it withdrawn before the lockdown farce stated, I had to argue for it but they gave way eventually.

On my few visits to A&E (mostly with sports injuries with my sons) over the years I have found myself sitting with a waiting room full of people who had no visible outward indication of why they were there.

I'm sure a small attendance charge, like they do in Ireland, would clear most of them out. 

Edited by Vince Green