Tungsten shot

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

410, 20g per 3 inch  - Basically a 30 inch pattern at 50 yards through BLM choke.

You don't need a lot of it, recording sheet is 40 inch high for comparison.

Was about £60 inc postage

Worth having a look at Alibaba, as quite a few tss sellers now and prices are quite competative.

BLM 50 Yards.JPG

Managed to get few different bits of data so far, IV not patterned any yet but my mate has, and for first attempt it's very impressive, through a 1/4 choke in Aya 3" he got 96% at 50 yards, that was with a 36gram load, which is probably more than we want to use, going to try a 28gram one next, 

22 minutes ago, m greeny said:

What did you type in the search bar I've just put in tss in and nothing came up so typed tungsten balls in and I got big anal butt plug lol what's that all about

Try below link for 1 example,

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60805304490/18g-cc-tungsten-super-shot-hunting.html?__detailProductImg=%2F%2Fs.alicdn.com%2F%40sc01%2Fkf%2FH440cfd03e10e41b4bc32543332c973e8d.jpg_140x140xz.jpg

19 hours ago, Stonepark said:

410, 20g per 3 inch  - Basically a 30 inch pattern at 50 yards through BLM choke.

You don't need a lot of it, recording sheet is 40 inch high for comparison.

Was about £60 inc postage

Worth having a look at Alibaba, as quite a few tss sellers now and prices are quite competative.

BLM 50 Yards.JPG

Flippin' 'eck! Buy as much as you can as quick as you can because for anything that good they'll either make it illegal or tax it to the extreme. :ninja:

16 hours ago, Smiler23 said:

Managed to get few different bits of data so far, IV not patterned any yet but my mate has, and for first attempt it's very impressive, through a 1/4 choke in Aya 3" he got 96% at 50 yards, that was with a 36gram load, which is probably more than we want to use, going to try a 28gram one next, 

That ties in with my results above.

1 hour ago, Smiler23 said:

How much was the butt plug?

Got a good deal coz I got 2😂

50 minutes ago, figgy said:

I'd hate to miss at around £2.00 a pop for 28g carts. But from what I've read very good at distance so worth a try.

It's only money and 10 bore carts ain't much cheaper off the shelf either so not to bad really

Guest cookoff013

tungsten has been reported to be toxic for quite some time. but there is limited evidence. 

if i recolect there was a report about toxicity when firing large caliber field guns and then drinking champagne that is flowing through the gun barrel. i`ll dig up the report, because it sounded bonkers. 

On 25/10/2020 at 22:13, Perazzishot said:

If you directly plant a whole host of elements and chemicals into animals\humans, a very high percentage of them will cause cancers.

Lead has the issue that ingestion causes the problem, but until a study shows tungsten ingestion issues, then we can have a discussion as to its toxicity but it won't be complete.

Guest cookoff013
17 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

If you directly plant a whole host of elements and chemicals into animals\humans, a very high percentage of them will cause cancers.

Lead has the issue that ingestion causes the problem, but until a study shows tungsten ingestion issues, then we can have a discussion as to its toxicity but it won't be complete.

tungsten probably will pass through game so rarely be an issue.