World Super Bike 2020.

ordnance

MotoGP is probably the pinnacle- prototype engine and chassis, carbon brakes and high 200s bhp (actual figure is secret)

Superbikes are based on a production bike that then has vast sums of money thrown at the engine and chassis, steel brakes and mid 200s bhp. They are also a bit heavier. But they’d still be quite a handful if you were going down to Sainsbury’s on one.

54 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

MotoGP is probably the pinnacle- prototype engine and chassis, carbon brakes and high 200s bhp (actual figure is secret)

Superbikes are based on a production bike that then has vast sums of money thrown at the engine and chassis, steel brakes and mid 200s bhp. They are also a bit heavier. But they’d still be quite a handful if you were going down to Sainsbury’s on one.

Thanks. So MotorGP is the bike equivalent of F1 and Superbikes are Touring cars? 

15 hours ago, SpringDon said:

That’s right because the podium is always wall to wall Kawasaki.....oh no, hang on a minute

I was lucky enough to go as a VIP, (means nothing though, except free food and drink all day😊} With Aruba last year, and Chaz Davies was saying that the Ducati  didn't have the outright speed of the Kawasaki and they were just looking to get on the podium if they could. May have changed now but that was from the man himself, what do I know?      

8 hours ago, tonker said:

I was lucky enough to go as a VIP, (means nothing though, except free food and drink all day😊} With Aruba last year, and Chaz Davies was saying that the Ducati  didn't have the outright speed of the Kawasaki and they were just looking to get on the podium if they could. May have changed now but that was from the man himself, what do I know?      

If you say so. But the Ducati won every race for the first half of the season last year. Three different riders on a Ducati have won this year, only 2 on a Kawasaki and lowes only won once. That says something to me.

On 29/10/2020 at 09:39, AVB said:

Thanks. So MotorGP is the bike equivalent of F1 and Superbikes are Touring cars? 

No not even a close comparison, the super bikes can be faster than Moto GP bikes. Do you think a Touring car could out pace a F1 car :hmm:?

World Superbike champ Jonathan Rea was the star of the show and flew home with a big grin on his face after outpacing half the MotoGP grid His astonishing 1m 38.721sec lap on his factory ZX-10R would’ve put him on pole at last May’s Spanish Grand Prix, 0.015 seconds ahead of Valentino Rossi, 0.137 seconds in front of Jorge Lorenzo and 0.170 seconds ahead of Marc Marquez.

Edited by ordnance